PayPal, sigh

Started by BFS010, September 30, 2013, 07:23:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BFS010

I have been unable to join as a Charter Member.  PayPal -- I finally called them, talked to tech support people that clearly did not know what to say except the script in front of them -- that SimpleMachines is suspicious and that is why several attempts at a transaction never went through.

I don't have a PayPal account, just using a credit card.  No offense, but I don't care to create a PayPal account just for the one-off of joining as a Charter Member.

If others can get through to make donations or join as a member is it that they have PayPal accounts?

Is there some other way to pay for a Charter Membership?

Colin

Strange that they try to blame SM. I am truly am sorry that you are having so much difficulty trying to process your donation.

You are welcome to donate via check by mail:

Simple Machines
PMB #2562
2215 Renaissance Drive
Suite B
Las Vegas, NV 89119
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

青山 素子

Note that if you do choose to donate by check, it is advised to use Certified Mail or, if you are outside the US, registered mail. Please make sure to include the username to which you would like the charter member gift applied and also allow additional time for manual processing.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

BFS010

Quote from: Colin on September 30, 2013, 07:28:21 PM
Strange that they try to blame SM. I am truly am sorry that you are having so much difficulty trying to process your donation.

You are welcome to donate via check by mail:

Simple Machines
PMB #2562
2215 Renaissance Drive
Suite B
Las Vegas, NV 89119

I have a friend who lives in Las Vegas.  Could he walk the check over, saving Certified Mail?

LiroyvH

Unfortunately not, you can't walk in, but it might save if he posts it locally for you? :)
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

socializemetoday

That's typical of Paypal. What is acceptable to the credit card companies is still not acceptable to Paypal  :)
Not use how they survive in this competitive world  :)

Advertisement: