News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Footer Menu

Started by live627, October 04, 2013, 08:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimmie

I like this mod however I have an issue. When I make a new item, it doesn't populate any of my membergroups it only populates non post count groups. Is there any way to fix that?

live627

FooterMenu.php, line 599

Find and remove

min_posts = {int:min_posts}
AND

larry007

Hi

is it possible too change/write this Mod also for the header?

larry007

Quote from: larry007 on September 10, 2014, 01:01:30 PM
Hi

is it possible too change/write this Mod also for the header?

push ;-)

Kindred

that would reuire all sorts of changes...   and there are already header mods...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

live627

In ./Themes/default/FooterMenu.template.php, find

template_footer_menu_below

Replace with

template_footer_menu_above

Find

template_footer_menu_above() {}

Replace with

template_footer_menu_below() {}

cojeepers

how can we sort the columns?  i have one column called "my account" and another called "follow us".  "follow us" comes first but i want "my account" to be first.  tia.

MyTime

I installed the mod with no problem, I added some categories and items, but I can't see the mod any where on my site

live627

Are the items active and the group permissions set correctly?

MyTime

I actually had left out the permissions, So now I can see it work, but it's hard to see because it's transparent and shows the background, If you see on my site , Forum.cannabisgamerclub.com I have something that looks similar to a footer, I was wondering if I could create a background for the footer to help it be more clear, or if you check out my site, If I could just move the mod down in place of the footer that's kind of already there by default from my theme. I'm just trying to get it to be nice and neat and have a background on the footer so it stands over the background image.

live627

Can you attach zGames/index.template.php?

MyTime

live627

Attached are two files you can try.

• FooterMenu.php - moves the template layer just inside html; put this file in ./Sources
  • FooterMenu.template.php - modifies markup to match your theme; put this file in ./Themes/default

ge master

This is a fantastic mod thank you! As somebody previously mentioned, the order seems a bit confusing. It's a minor quibble and I'm working it out. I can't seem to figure out what triggers the decision for a category to be listed in the left column vs. a right column. Adding or tweaking an entry can cause the category position to change. I think I will just build from scratch now that I know what links I'm adding. I'm assuming that the first created items will take the left column?

live627

QuoteI'm assuming that the first created items will take the left column?
Yes

Technical details: It uses the default database order.

ge master

Great thank you for the clarification on that. I will rebuilt it from scratch on that basis.

Also, I did a few quick css adjustments which you may or may not like. If anyone wants the css tweaks, I can post them. Not sure if that's appropriate or not though.  I'll post a link: http://www.vegaspuck.com/forum/index.php

I'm just setting up, but to me your mod is a must have for anyone using SMF. Thanks!

live627

oh it's fine - post away!

ge master

Ok thanks, I don't want to be disrespectful to your works.

In the "footermenu.css" I made a few minor tweaks, but design is always in the eyes of the beholder. You can see an example from my site link above.

#footermenu p         
{         
   padding-bottom: 0.25em;      
   color: #d97b33;      
   font-size: 1.25em;      
}         

#footermenu         
{         
   table-layout: fixed;      
   width: 100%;      
   margin-top: 2em;      
}

Please don't LOL. I know it's not much, but I want to at least offer it up. My implementation is on the default SMF theme.

Steve

Why would we laugh? It looks good. :D
DO NOT pm me for support!

MyTime

Hey Live, I actually have been experiencing a bug going on with my footer, I removed one of the categories and its not being removed from the site but it's not in the mod admin options anymore. I'v been trying to get a three section footer using your amazing mod.

Also have a section where all the smf credits, and theme credits are in a section but i'm trying to just minimize the font a little bit so they all fit on the very bottom out of the way of the 3 sections I was trying to create. Please let me know if that doesn't make any sense.

Advertisement: