News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Having trouble accessing my Forum

Started by 99 Cents, October 12, 2013, 07:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

99 Cents

I got this error

An Error Has Occurred!

Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum!

This ban is not set to expire

I'm not sure how I got it. In my opinion, another admin has recently banned a professional spammer, who lives nearby.

Cyberhost

May be that your ip address has been banned, or you're using cloudflare and it messes up smf ip logging so if you ip ban one guy and it uses cloudflare ip. Almost everyone pays for it :p and it is pain in the ass.

sheevanian

if its your very own forum youre talking about (installed on your own webspace with you as admin) then it got hacked. or that "nearby" spammer abused your internet connection for spamming....try to contact that other admin your talking about.

Kindred

sheevanian,

You really have no idea what you are talking about.

99 Cents... Do you use cloudflare? If so, I suggest that you don't waste your time. There is no real benefit to using it.

If not, then the chances are you accidentally banned your own IP.  What mods do you have installed?  Do you have any sort of auto-ban mod?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

99 Cents

No I don't use cloud flare. I installed the auto-ban mod, I think someone who got banned may have caught a ban, and that ban might have gotten spread throughout the entire town/community.

a10

What I'd try:

Get another admin to log in and fix things. If that's not possible: try to connect from place of work, from a friend's pc, or using a browser on a mobile phone. Or use phpmyadmin, edit the ban table.

Good luck.
2.0.19, php 8.0.23, MariaDB 10.5.15. Mods: Contact Page, Like Posts, Responsive Curve, Search Focus Dropdown, Add Join Date to Post.

Kindred

or log in to the cpanel of the site, and edit the database to disable the auto-ban mod (auto-banning is always a bad idea, for just this reason)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Spurblade

This the newest one of the same nature so I rather post it here. I already entered my cpanel to remove the my banned ip address on smf_log banned and still I am still banned. I am the only administrator and there is no other moderators and the site is kinda inactive. This is the link...www.forum.sabungero.com

Kindred

so, log in from another location, with a different IP...
Слaва
Украинi

margarett

Actually I had that experience in my localhost. Banned 127.0.0.1 :P
You need to remove your cookies first. At least here it worked ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: