Joinable Groups

Started by live627, October 15, 2013, 09:55:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

*shrug* You know best, I'm sure.

Oh wait... you're setting up requestable groups that don't require admin approval... why did you bother making them requestable in the first place? Make them joinable, no code changes required and no futzing about with the group requests table that things are supposed to be put into.

Jade Elizabeth

I like this but I thought members could only have one primary group?

I really don't want any of my freely joinable groups to be able to be secondary. Is that currently how SMF works? I've been away from membergroups and docs for so long I have NFI. Is there a way to force groups to be primary only or something? If I remember right there used to be.

Point is I want people to pick only one of these groups on rego, never more than one, and I need it to be their primary group.
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

live627

I have not tested this!

In ./Sources/Register.php, find

'additional_groups' => implode(',', $_POST['id_group']),

Replace with

'memberGroup' => implode(',', $_POST['id_group']),

In ./Themes/default/Register.template.php, find and remove

multiple="multiple"

In ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php, find and remove

For multiple selections, hold down the Ctrl key.

Jade Elizabeth

Thank you!!!

I know I am the worst pain but is there a way to limit it to 5 selections max easily? If not, no fear I will use the one only cause that works best for me :D.
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

live627

uhh  no? Didn't you say you only wanted primary groups, of which there can only be one per member?

Jade Elizabeth

Yes....but I've been having issues limiting that outside of this mod....if a user requests to join a group and I approve it they will be added to the secondary groups...so I can limit it in the system so I figured I might as well limit it here too. Does that make sense?

Alpay

How can we make that part compulsory ?

Advertisement: