News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Vanilla 2 to SMF 2

Started by bill1082, October 22, 2013, 01:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

margarett

Yeah, it's messed up...

When you are converting, the first thing is to truncate each table that you will be filling with data from the "source". So, you shouldn't have General Category...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

bill1082

hmm.

ok.

i think what i will do later is clear out the members, boards, etc... on SMF and try again

margarett

Actually the converter should be doing that for you...

edit: or not. sorry, I'm not sure. Mine is :P

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

bill1082

there are 2 converters that ive seen,   which one should i start with   lol   lets go back to the drawing board

margarett

Use the one you're working with and be sure to truncate all relevant tables before you start. Just in case ;)

bill1082

k. thanks for the responses.   

lets see how round 2 goes.

bill1082

started fresh.

seems like the first issue with this converter is that it takes categories and boards and puts them all into boards.

so it doesn't seem to follow the higharchy of everything and that might lead to the the posts not being put in place

does that make any sesnse?

this is the convert.php file and the vanilla2   sql file un edited
this is as far as it gets without me removing parts of the sql, etc...    but without having an interment knowledge of either mb backend, it's a bit confusing for me.

Converting members... Successful.
Converting boards... Successful.
Converting topics...The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: poster_name

margarett

Hummm... poster_name exists in the "messages" table, not in the "topics".

Are you using a "core" vanilla 2? I might install here in my local machine and have a try... What converter files are you using?

Advertisement: