News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Adding a gallery to custom blocks mod

Started by S Mac, October 30, 2013, 10:33:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

S Mac

I've successfully added the custom blocks mod and now have a footer at the bottom of my forum. I've added ads from Adsense and I'd also like to incorporate a gallery in the centre of the footer. I want a rotating gallery if there is one. I've asked for support from the creator of the mod and this was his response: "I do not know... May be copied in footer block PHP code that displays images."

So, can someone tell me how to do this? Please?

mashby

This is still outside the normal support, but I'll ask some questions anyway. What do you mean by rotating gallery?
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

S Mac

Hi, I mean I want the pictures to change periodically (automatically). Don't know if this is possible? And I wasn't sure where else to post this. I've tried the mod's support topic & don't have permission to post in the general mod support section for some reason. Thanks

mashby

I see now. This is really more a coding thing than anything else. Do you have an example of where you see one of these? I have something on my home page that does this. I've moved this topic to a more suitable location as well.
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Kindred

If you have AEVA - someone posted a very nice rotating image script over on the wedge site....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

S Mac

Thanks. I've just looked at your website. I don't want anything that fancy. I just want say, two rows of medium sized pictures that change over automatically every once in a while. Funny enough, I can't find an example now I'm looking for one. I'll have another look & see if I can find something.

S Mac

OK, how would I incorporate Aeva into my footer block? I'm guessing it's not easy...

Kindred

I can't get to the wedge site from my office computer...  but I know someone posted a script along with the code to drop into a portal block - probably about a year ago.

I used it for a while on 40Konline, but it ended up being a little too resource intensive for the ancient server we we running at the time.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

S Mac

OK. So where am I looking? Do I start a new thread asking for a script/code to add to the portal block? Or am I asking for this wedge thingamajig?

Kindred

wedge is a fork of SMF. It is being made by the creator of aeva...  which is why there is some aeva stuff over there....

do a search
Слaва
Украинi

S Mac

OK, so I'm back on this...I want to add a gallery. I've looked over on Wedge, which'll be great once it's all done but I don't think it's all finished yet? Anyway I think the aeva one'll do the trick for my purposes. Would you mind taking a quick squizz at my site & telling me if I can add the mod in a small square to the top, between the logo & ad, without  messing around with all the coding? And is aeva safe to use, since they've stopped working on it? Thanks

S Mac

Arantor

That depends on your definition of 'great'. There are a number of things I personally find distasteful about the code, including the bits I wrote.

Aeva is safe to use as far as I know, though some of the things about it are not the most efficient they could be.

S Mac

Thanks. My definition of 'great' probably isn't the same as yours, being ignorant in these matters...so will I just be able to install aeva in that section of the website without trying to mess about with the coding & inevitably spending many frustrating hours trying to make it work?

Arantor

No. Some coding will absolutely be required since Aeva - and all the other galleries - don't magically just appear in custom blocks.

S Mac

That's a real shame ;) OK, so what do I do? Pls could you direct me to this coding I'll need. I'm told it's over on wedge...

Arantor

I don't even know if the coding on Wedge is in a readily usable format for you.

Not to mention that after the increasing levels of tension I won't even go back to wedge.org.

S Mac

Oh. Awkard. Erm...what do I do? Do I have to ask someone to write a code or is there another one?

vbgamer45

I have a gallery mod as well. I could write some code to display images in a custom block if needed.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Kindred

found it...

http://wedge.org/off/7549/slideshows/msg281669/#msg281669

slideshow code for a custom block

If you just want a simple image per load - then THAT code is in the Aeva thread here...
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: