News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

MiniBB 2.x -> SMF 2.x : No users imported from old forum

Started by raf, November 02, 2013, 08:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raf

Hello,

import works partly properly - topics and messages are imported but the problem is with members, I got empty list of members after importing MINIBB to SMF.
Do you guys have ready solution or maybe ideas where to start investigating the problem?

I have to admit that in the past I merged 3 forums into one but didn't later sort things in database by date (instead I changed default behaviour of minibb to sort thing by date instead of IDs), but before making minibb->smf I sorted posts by date (this made problem with import earlier, I was getting duplicated indices)m leaving rest of structure intact (sorting rest of things by date and gaining new IDS this way would imply need to re-link entire forum data by new IDs)

margarett

Do you have duplicate ids in members tables?
Use this hint to find them
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/854128/find-duplicate-records-in-mysql

If you do, it is very likely the converter will fail. Nevertheless you should get a database error and not an empty table...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

raf

well there was no direct DB error though ther was an error reported here:

$smcFunc['db_insert']('replace',
         '{db_prefix}settings',
         array('variable' => 'string', 'value' => 'string',),
         array(
*            array('latest_member', $row['latest_member']),
*            array('latest_real_name', $row['latest_real_name']),

lines 1557 and 1558 from convert.php, something like latest_member and latest_real_name couldnt ve found. I may update this post with 100% accurate text when I'll try the import once more.

I have to check again if there are nicks repeated though this should be fixed long time ago by me already (when I merged two more forum to forum that was running I already had to cope with same nick on two or even three of these forums)

margarett

Not the nicks but the ids. (Actually you can't also have equal usernames in SMF but for the converter it shouldn't be an issue)

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

raf

thank for your help, I checked source data once more and it turned out that... table with users from minibb was empty!

there were some other minor problems with converting DB, but I solved them all and now I have SMF instead of MINIBB, please delete this topic!

margarett

Quote from: raf on November 04, 2013, 04:55:32 PM
...it turned out that... table with users from minibb was empty!
:P
Now I wouldn't guess that, for sure :P

Glad it worked out, welcome to SMF ;) We don't delete the topic, might serve as a reference to someone in the future ;)

Advertisement: