upgraded to 1.0.5 and now getting errors

Started by Fallen God, September 28, 2005, 11:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fallen God

I recently deleted my old forums and installed the latest version which is 1.0.5  and now i'm getting alot of errors, i have managed to resolve some but the current ones are this.

when attempting to read a post i get

You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
File: /home/fallenc/public_html/forums/Sources/Display.php
Line: 630

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum files are currently at version SMF 1.0.5, whereas your database is at version SMF 1.0.2. It is recommended that you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

also when attempting to create a new post i get this

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '{' in /home/fallenc/public_html/forums/Sources/Post.php on line 1775

and when i'm in the administration panel and i attempt to edit member permisions i get this

Parse error: parse error, unexpected ',', expecting ')' in /home/fallenc/public_html/forums/Sources/ManagePermissions.php on line 998

I'm fairly new to all this and any help would be much appreciated!!

beemer

You need to run the upgrade.php, not just install 1.05 smf with your older version of the database
http://www.bmw7resource.co.uk
SMF 1.1 RC1
MKP 1.1 RC1
Helios Multi RC1
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.thefishsheadnhorsesarse.co.uk
SMF 1.1 RC2
TinyPortal 0.8.6

Ben_S

Looks like all the files aren't uploaded fully. Please repload all the files from the SMF 1.0.5 Upgrade download.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

Fallen God

Ok i ran the upgrade and everyone can read and post fine now, however when i attempt to modify anything in the administration panel i am getting this

Parse error: parse error, unexpected ',', expecting ')' in /home/fallenc/public_html/forums/Sources/ManagePermissions.php on line 998

Any help would be appreciated

agmonty_303

Quote from: Fallen God on September 29, 2005, 11:29:09 AM
Ok i ran the upgrade and everyone can read and post fine now, however when i attempt to modify anything in the administration panel i am getting this

Any help would be appreciated

I am having the same problem and still looking for a solution

IT WILL BE VERY NICE if someone tells us the solution

Thanks if...

xenovanis

This really looks like a problem with uploading files. See if uploading a fresh copy of ManagePermissions.php to your /Sources directory fixes the problem.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Oldiesmann

If re-uploading the file doesn't fix it, delete it from your server and then re-upload...
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Advertisement: