News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

I think I messed up. Please help.

Started by IcePhreak, November 04, 2013, 01:00:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IcePhreak

So, what I did was when I had my phpbb forum I downloaded the backup of it in a zip file, then deleted the whole forum and mysql database. I then installed SMF and went to the convert.php and it's asking for the phpbb directory, which I don't have. I only have the sql file backup. Please help, what should I do??
Check out hBurn Radio
Click here for our forums.

Ricky.

Its probably asking phpbb directory to get db details.. since I have not used this convertor, can't exactly say what you need to do but you can do following:

1. Restore db backup as K@ said, and if there is option in convertor to give phpBB db database details so that it can read it and import it then do so.
OR
2. Still you need to restore phpBB db backup on  fresh db, upload phpbb files (for version you deleted), connect to phpbb database, your phpBB forum will be back ..

And then ofcourse run convertor again.

IcePhreak

Must the phpbb and smf have the same mysql database?
Check out hBurn Radio
Click here for our forums.

kat

I believe it expects the forum to be in  it's full, working state, before you BACKUP and proceed with the install.

More here:

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Converting

mentalist

The converter needs a config.php in order to work, If you don't have one you'd simply create a new one:

Code (config.php) Select

<?php
$dbname 
'databasename';
$table_prefix 'phpbb3_';

replace databasename with the real one, place that file inside the SMF directory and start the converter. path to phpPP3 is the same as to SMF.

Advertisement: