News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Word Censor List

Started by dougiefresh, November 05, 2013, 03:00:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

metallicgloss

@dougiefresh THANK YOU!!!!! This will really help the community. Thank you for your help.

KensonPlays

Thanks for the update! I had one by @Labradoodle-360, but I could not find it for the life of me. You're a life-saver. :P

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.4 - April 5th, 2015
o Updated for SMF 2.1 Beta 1

skb

I uninstalled the mod, yet the words remain in the Censored Word List ?

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

Arantor

That would make sense, the mod just adds to the existing censor list.

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.5 - November 9th, 2018
o No functionality change.
o Updated documentation to point to new website.

skb

I have the "Allow users to turn off word censoring:" option enabled, but I don't see the setting in My Profile / Account Settings / Forum Profile or Look and Layout where a user can exercise this option.

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

landyvlad

Can I use this to add all the words etc to my censored word list and then delete the mod to clean up but leave all those  words in the censor list?
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

efk

Quote from: landyvlad on October 01, 2021, 12:40:43 AMCan I use this to add all the words etc to my censored word list and then delete the mod to clean up but leave all those  words in the censor list?
I believe that you don't need a mod for that. Simply go to Admin/Forum/Posts and Topics.../Censored Words and do what you need to do, its simple to use.

Kindred

efk --   the thing is, this mod simplifies the adding of a WHOLE BUNCH of words rather than entering them by hand.

landyvlad -- based on the comments above, the answer is yes.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

shadav

yes you don't need the mod, in fact I only installed the mod on one of my forums then set up the censored words how I wanted then carefully extracted them from the settings table and imported them into the rest of my forums  ;D
don't uninstall the mod though
but you can delete the mod as all this really does is run an sql to your db

it is very helpful as it has a lot of words in its list and a lot of variations of said words and in other languages as well.

landyvlad

Quote from: shadav on October 05, 2021, 12:24:16 PMdon't uninstall the mod though
but you can delete the mod as all this really does is run an sql to your db

Why not uninstall?  Would that remove the words from the censored list?
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

shadav

I'm not entirely sure but I think it removes them from the db if you uninstall...looking at the files it appears to remove the words but again I'm not entirely sure

Advertisement: