News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

WOULD LIKE TO UPGRADE

Started by captnawful, September 29, 2005, 01:14:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captnawful

Hello,

Is there a way I can upgrade 1.03 to the newest version?  Let me give you a quick background, I have SMF 1.03 which was installed by Fantastico from my cpanel which is on a Linux operating system. 

How much trouble would it be to upgrade to the newest version and will this effect my current board I have now?

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.   8)
In order to keep a true perspective of one's importance, everyone should have a dog that will worship him and a cat that will ignore him.

forsakenlad

It would be no trouble :) After taking a backup I would suggest you to upload the contents of the 1.1 upgrade package to your server and then run the upgrade.php file ;) Don't forget to delete upgrade.php file after the upgrade ;)
Eren "forsakenlad" Yaşarkurt
SMF Friend & Former Team Member

captnawful

Thank you for the info  :)  My next question, where can I download this verson and how do I make a backup?

Again, tks   8)

Would that be smf_1-1-rc1_upgrade.zip (September 21, 2005)
In order to keep a true perspective of one's importance, everyone should have a dog that will worship him and a cat that will ignore him.

xenovanis

Yes, that is the one. There is an option to make a backup of your database in Admin -> Forum Maintenance.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Advertisement: