News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

"remove selected" posts button not showing on my theme

Started by Jade Elizabeth, November 14, 2013, 09:34:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jade Elizabeth

On my display.template.php that I recoded, the buttons for removing selected posts, etc, are not there when I select posts. I also thought there was a split posts option with that but I must have gotten confused.

What makes the "remove selected [#]" button show in the default Curve theme? I'm pretty sure the JS is okay.
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Arantor

Well, the JS messes with the div#moderationbuttons_strip, dynamically adding items to that ul li. Depending on what you did to your template you may have broken that.

Jade Elizabeth

I tried adding that class to the div with the buttons but...it's not helping :/. I dunno what I did!
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Arantor

Jade Elizabeth

Jade Elizabeth

Nup still not working.

// Allow adding new mod buttons easily.
call_integration_hook('integrate_mod_buttons', array(&$mod_buttons));

echo '<div class="brspagesection brspagesection2" id="moderationbuttons_strip">', template_button_strip($mod_buttons, 'right', array('id' => 'moderationbuttons_strip')), '<br /><br /></div>';

Arantor

Firstly, you're not supposed to have two things in the template with the same id.

Secondly, the div must be that id and contain a ul, which gets the extra li attached as needed.

Jade Elizabeth

I don't understand buttons and I'm not sure why but the id isn't showing either :(. Can you help me out please? :)

Arantor

A link to the place this is happening would be useful.

Jade Elizabeth

Arantor

OK, so for some strange reason you should declare that id twice (because it only outputs it once but needs both)

The original working code in 2.0.6 is:
echo '
<div id="moderationbuttons">', template_button_strip($mod_buttons, 'bottom', array('id' => 'moderationbuttons_strip')), '</div>';

Jade Elizabeth

Okay I changed it to this and it's still not happening...

<div class="brspagesection brspagesection2" id="moderationbuttons">
', template_button_strip($mod_buttons, 'right', array('id' => 'moderationbuttons_strip')), '
<br /><br /></div>'

Jade Elizabeth

Advertisement: