why does Tapatalk not have SMF Community support page? (slowing us down...again)

Started by snadge, November 21, 2013, 07:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snadge

we have been having issues with Tapatalk slowing our pages down by up to 10 seconds and disk space using spiking by 1Gb extra??

this happened after upgrading to 3.9.0 last night - same thing happened last time we upgraded to turned it off for a bit cos i heard of server issues - turned back on and it was fine?

i was wondering why they dont have a support page on SMF - it was difficult to get logged into their website and even request password resets (kept saying my account didnt exist) but finally they would come through AFTER i somehow managed to login??

their instructions say to set mobiqo folder and its contents to 755 (which I did via FileZilla)

Arantor

It was removed because they never provided support here nor kept it up to date. Any issues with Tapatalk should be directed to Tapatalk, since they never come here to offer support anyway.

Gargoyle

ftab4me

We'll they are slow to answer if at all and will ignore your questions and send you to the post that started your questions. They have not updated their code since RC5 and installing it on 2.0.6 causes errors even you you select RC5 for the install.

I thought what the hell I will install it manually well, who ever wrote the install files that it hurts my old brain to follow it and I decided it was to much trouble. I highly recommend that you stir clear of Tapatalk until they clear their code. Bring it up to date 2.0.6 and quit playing games on their support sites.

It amazes me that Tapatalk want Admins to install their code on our forums to help them make money from their apps and then not supply us with any kind of real support.

Gargoyle

Installed fine on my site... Its 2.0.6 so I dunno...

Their support is kinda suckish though.

uny2bld

tapatalk has caused nothing but nightmares for a forum I help out on (version 1.1.18)

I haven't installed the mod on my personal forums bc of all the issues I have heard about...

Advertisement: