Scheduled Maintenance: Sunday 24th of November

Started by LiroyvH, November 22, 2013, 03:31:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LiroyvH

Hello everyone,

Please be advised that we're scheduling maintenance on the 24th of November 2013 for migrating all our servers to another facility.
At present, we're looking at late Sunday evening into Monday morning (0:00AM (midnight) to 6:00AM (EST/GMT -5)).
We're trying to limit the impact and will hopefully be able to provide a more finite timeframe later today or tomorrow.

The migration should take less than 1 hour, however: total downtime might be longer, please expect 3 up to 4 hours just to be sure.
During this time all systems, including but not limited to downloads and our community, will be unavailable.

Please keep in mind that Simple Machines is not responsible for any withdrawal symptoms! ;)

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,
Server Team
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

kat

Good luck, with that, my ol' china!

I'll still be asleep, of course. If you need any help, don't hesitate to not call me. ;)

(Like I'd be of any use, anyway) :)

Burke ♞ Knight

Dzonny

Thanks for info Liroy, sounds like a big task to be done. Keep rocking and good luck :)

margarett

Quote from: K@ on November 22, 2013, 04:52:43 PM
Good luck, with that, my ol' china!
I'll still be asleep, of course. If you need any help, don't hesitate to not call me. ;)
(Like I'd be of any use, anyway) :)
Everything the chief said :P

Good luck ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

TheListener

I pity the ones whom will suffer from withdrawal symptons lol.

Sir Osis of Liver

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

socializemetoday

Everything works great this morning. I am on the other side of the world! So I am sure everything went off well :)

LiroyvH

Thanks all!

The maintenance has been successfully completed and we're back in action. :)
It took 2 hours longer than expected, but all is back up now.

Thank you for your patience!
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

kat

Odd that it only just came back, here, innit?

Ta, for all the work, gents. MUCH appreciated. :)

kat

Just for info... I've been getting a lot of the ol' "Due to high stress.." messages, for the last hour, or so.

Arantor

kat

Arantor

Yes, had a fair few of those in meatspace (as opposed to cyberspace) lately. But I learned not to care about people who don't deserve a disproportionate amount of my (limited) sympathies.

Unfortunately I can't apply the same to servers. Except with threatening them with axes and warning them that if they don't do as I ask, they'll get a reprogramming they'll never forget.

kat

"Arantor Beeblebrox" has a certain ring to it, you know...

Arantor

Colin

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

kat

It's been weird, today. Quite a few stress errors. Yet, at other times, it's been faster than I can ever remember it.

I bet it's those pesky gremlins, again. ;)

Advertisement: