News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

vbulletin to smf

Started by Candice, November 24, 2013, 03:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candice

I started a new forum! I'm using vbulletin but I want to convert it to SMF ... Can you help for this? How do I make a detailed description of the conversion process?  ... Thanks in advance ...

Arantor

Candice

BWilliams

Just curious to see how your conversion went?  I'm looking to do the same and trying to get some feedback.

ephman

Some 7 months ago, I too was in the same situation and there were no 'converters' then. What my friend did was opened the mysql database of VB 5 and copy paste all posts to my new 2.7 SMF forum. Think he wrote a bot tool for that since there were 100+ posts from about 20 members (our forum was brand new at the time). You've got the converter for 4.x version. I am interested to know if the transfer goes well with converters. :)

margarett

In all honesty... Sometimes ;D

I usually say that converters are a tricky piece of software. Each converter is written with a running database of the origin software as a base. Usually a fresh installed one, with content being added as the converters being written. The fact is that old running databases have differences... It wasn't supposed to, but they have. So sometimes you get a lot of errors during the process. I'm not sure if the converter is to blame or not :P but the fact is that it's usually not totally straightforward...

With some patience and our help, it will work ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: