News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

turn off the option website

Started by simplebeer, December 01, 2013, 05:32:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

simplebeer

Hello all!

I wondered, is it possible to turn off the option "website address" and "website title" in the forumprofile of normal members?

I checked group members permissions but can't find it?

Thanks!
Sorry for my poor English, but i think it's probably better then your Dutch :)

French

Admin=>Features and Options=> Profile Fields

simplebeer

Thanks, but i can't find a  Profile Fields under Features and options?
I only find basic settings, lay-out, aeva and karma  ::)

Illori

that is a 2.0 only feature, if you want to use it then you need to upgrade to 2.0

kat

You'll need to edit Profile.template.php in the default theme's directory. I've not checked this, at all. So, before you start editing anything, keep a copy of the original file, as a backup, woncha? ;)

Find this and remove it:

// Website details.
echo '
<tr>
<td colspan="2"><hr width="100%" size="1" class="hrcolor" /></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="40%"><b>', $txt[83], ': </b><div class="smalltext">', $txt[598], '</div></td>
<td><input type="text" name="websiteTitle" size="50" value="', $context['member']['website']['title'], '" /></td>
</tr><tr>
<td width="40%"><b>', $txt[84], ': </b><div class="smalltext">', $txt[599], '</div></td>
<td><input type="text" name="websiteUrl" size="50" value="', $context['member']['website']['url'], '" /></td>
</tr>';

and remove this, too:

<td><b>', $txt[96], ': </b></td>

simplebeer

I am going to try this next weekend!

kat

simplebeer

Yes, it seems to work, but one thing, i only want this in the forumprofile of normal members, some membergroups like sponsors must have this option.

Or, it could be that only the admin can do this in a profile.

So, want to turn this of but it must be a option for some profile's (sponsor paid website shown)

Kindred

well, you didn't tell us THAT to start with....  you just asked how to remove it.

You ould have to use conditional coding to have it for some and not for others....

Instead of messing around with junk coding, I suggest that you upgrade to 2.0.x and use the FEATURES that are already present in that series.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

simplebeer

Thanks.

Yes i was thinking about that, but i am scared to do that because of all the adjustments we have made  ::)

If this "problem" is the only reason I'd rather leave it the way it is, i think  :-X

Kindred

well, there is also the issue that SMF 1.1.x is reaching the end of life and will cease to be a supported version after the release of 2.1.x
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

simplebeer

Ok! Then we have to start thinking about it seriously!  :o

How long do you think it will take until that point is reached?

Illori

not to mention if your host upgrades php to 5.5 some of smf 1.1 will stop working correctly and give errors.

we have no exact ETA on a release is 2.1 and dropping support for 1.1 but we hope in the next year or so. but the breaking from php 5.5 could come sooner then that depending on your host.

simplebeer

OMG you scared me now, i have to look seriously how to do this  :-[

Does someone know, is there any manuel for upgrading in Dutch?

kat

I think there'll be some kind of "unofficial" support, kinda. I won't be switching from v1.1.19 terribly quickly. ;)

Illori

that does not mean 1.1* will actually work. come php 5.5 it *will* break. also running software without security updates is not a good idea, unless you want to get hacked.

kat

Kindred

I believe that the online manual/wiki has been mostly, if not fully, translated in Dutch
Слaва
Украинi

Illori

Quote from: Kindred on December 07, 2013, 10:01:40 PM
I believe that the online manual/wiki has been mostly, if not fully, translated in Dutch

just the help tab pages, not all the pages.

simplebeer

We are one year further and i am seriously looking to upgrade tot 2.0

I have one question i can't find, what happend with the html changes we made in the past in the page's?

For example, we have got sponsor banners in top and want to keep this, but we have changed maybe 100 page in the past.
Off course we can do that al over again if necessary, but want to investigate the possibilities first.

At least, under the large update is the text:
Upgrading from an earlier branch (SMF 2.0 or below)? No problem, this is what you need. This archive will upgrade/reset your forum to a clean install of the latest version and will remove all modifications.

I thought that the upgrade would try to save all modifications? Will it really remove everything?

Advertisement: