News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Converting PHP-Nuke to SMF

Started by gravityarc, December 05, 2013, 12:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gravityarc

Hi,

I've done some research and found some related topics but haven't been able to solve my current problem.  I'm just getting started with the conversion on a VERY old and super crappily modified (by me) PHP-Nuke board.  I'm using the conversion scripts (thanks to the authors) and get the following error:

Converting members...
Duplicate entry '2481' for key 'PRIMARY'

I've tried editing phpnuke_to_smf.sql and adding

---{
$ignore = true;
---}

so it looks like this:

/******************************************************************************/
--- Converting members...
/******************************************************************************/

TRUNCATE {$to_prefix}members;
TRUNCATE {$to_prefix}attachments;

---* {$to_prefix}members
---{
$ignore = true;
---}
---{
// Got the board timezone?

But it doesn't help.

Thanks in advance.

margarett

Don't do that with members... You can't, really, afford to have duplicate IDs for members.
Please open your .sql backup file with Notepad++, find that duplicate entry and delete it (delete one of the entries). Then, reimport the sql file and try again.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

mentalist

That's apparantly a bug in convert.php, not a duplicate member id..

instead of
---{
$ignore = true;
---}
---{

try it with:
---{
$ignore = true;

gravityarc

Guys, thank you for the help.  I've successfully converted over a HORRIBLY hacked up PHP-Nuke board to SMF with really very little effort.  Thanks for the help and the great software.

Advertisement: