News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Best Answer

Started by Avalanche91, December 05, 2013, 09:09:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

No, not necessarily. It just mandates that the primary group of the current user must be admin, global moderator or board moderator for that to work. Except the last part will never work because group 3 isn't a real group and only gets that setting under very specific circumstances.

Better solution, convert it to an allowedTo() call, maybe allowedTo moderate_board or admin_forum. Or a permission if the mod has one.

Mr. Jinx

@phantomm: You probably wonder about the (0) part in $user_info['groups'][0]? That would return the primary group number of the member. I'm pretty sure it works nicely.

@Arantor: You are totally right, but this was just a quick change to fix something that wasn't working, without changing the code to much. The correct way would be to add a permission.

Arantor

Except it might not because the primary group holding 3 for board moderator won't be as correct as often as thought.

Switching it out for moderate_board and admin_forum checks would be more reliable as other groups beyond 1, 2 and sometimes 3 could have relevant permissions.

slashdc

Hello,

can someone help me to port this great mod to 2.0 RC3. thank you
obviously, I already failed to install it manually (table creation issue, I create the table myself, SSI hook not installed properly, hxxp:ba.id [nonactive] fields not found, syntax error with character `, part of the code outside the scope of the function after return $output;.... etc.). ;)

Thanks for your time.

slashdc

I think after a complete manual reinstallation that version 2.0 RC3 doesn't have the necessary function to install the hook...

add_integration_function('integrate_pre_include', '$sourcedir/Subs-BestAnswer.php');
add_integration_function('integrate_actions', 'bestanswer_add_hook');

How to install them with 2.0 RC3?

thanks

Quote from: slashdc on August 27, 2016, 08:06:31 AM
Hello,

can someone help me to port this great mod to 2.0 RC3. thank you
obviously, I already failed to install it manually (table creation issue, I create the table myself, SSI hook not installed properly, hxxp:ba.id [nonactive] fields not found, syntax error with character `, part of the code outside the scope of the function after return $output;.... etc.). ;)

Thanks for your time.

slashdc

okay I found how to workaround the hook function installation of Sub-BestAnswer.php by copy all functions into BestAnswer.php...
So if I resume the change:

edit the modifitcation files and remove all  character `, copy all sub functions into BestAnswer.php, install the MOD.
That's it!

Kindred

you need to UPGRADE ASAP!! !!

Seriously, you are 15 revisions behind.
RC3 has known security issues which have been patched
RC3 has known functional issues which have been patched

Upgrade to 2.0.11 as soon as humanly possible
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

slashdc

Quoteyou need to UPGRADE ASAP!! !!

I hesitate reply because it is totally off topic but okay. SO my short reply is:

THANK YOU! but Who cares!

Do you really know if this forum needs to be secure, if it's worth the updates, if the new features of current SMF is needed, no! So this forum contains more needed functionalities than the current SMF final version as it has been heavily modded, all security patches have been evaluated before applied manually to not break the compatibility of current features but YES! its version is still 2.0 RC3. So that's it and sorry for this totally OFF TOPIC notes.

FredT

Not working in v2.1.1

When I mark an answer as "best answer" it posts an new answers below.

shadav

Quote from: FredT on May 04, 2022, 03:16:53 AMNot working in v2.1.1

When I mark an answer as "best answer" it posts an new answers below.
Um, this mod isn't made to work with smf 2.1.x
QuoteCOMPATIBLE WITH 1.1.19, 2.0.6
I'm surprised you even got it to install

FredT

Installation did work as far I remember (deinstalled it again). But it would be so cool to have

shadav

unless you edited the mod or are not actually using smf 2.1.x it shouldn't have installed or uninstalled per the package-info.xml
Quote<install for="2.0-2.0.99">
Quote<uninstall for="2.0-2.0.99">

it would be nice to see this updated (well rewritten) for smf 2.1.x
but seeing as how the mod author hasn't even been active since 2015 I wouldn't hold my breath

Doug Heffernan

There is a Best Answer mod compatible with Smf 2.1.x.

https://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=4274

shadav

Quote from: Doug Heffernan on May 06, 2022, 10:24:27 AMThere is a Best Answer mod compatible with Smf 2.1.x.

https://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=4274
oh, well there ya go  :laugh:
I swear I had looked and didn't see one

Advertisement: