News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Moving Members and post from 1.0.5 to 1.1 RC 1

Started by houston, September 30, 2005, 03:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

houston

Is there any way to import data from smf 1.0.5 from smf 1.1 RC1?

Thanks

forsakenlad

I couldn't exactly understand what you wanted to do, assuming you want to upgrade our forum, just upload the update package and run upgrade.php ;)
Eren "forsakenlad" Yaşarkurt
SMF Friend & Former Team Member

MikeC801

My question is along the lines of what the original poster was asking. I have an installation of SMF integrated with Mambo, but the integration has always been buggy. Since the Mambo/Joomla split, I decided to test out Joomla with SMF, and I was able to install and integrate the two pretty easily :). I would like to start off with a fresh installation of Joomla/SMF and somehow be able to move the members and posts over from the old installation. Is this possible? I worry that migrating the old installation would migrate the bugs as well.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Oldiesmann

Not sure if it's possible to move members or not because I would think they'd be in both the Mambo members table and the SMF members table. Your best place to ask would be in the Mambo/Joomla Bridge Support board.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Advertisement: