Upgrading YabbSE to SMF?

Started by hello5566, October 02, 2005, 04:20:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hello5566

Hey
I have installed YabbSE but have found there to be lots of bugs so can someone please give me instructions on how to upgrade to SMF?

ExistenZ

Go to the downloads section, click on the "Upgrade" zip file ( this one if you want to upgrade to the latest version (1.1 RC1) http://www.simplemachines.org/download.php/smf_1-1-rc1_upgrade.zip)'

Then upload the files to replace the old ones. Then you can run upgrade.php and voilla!
Regards,
Andre

hello5566

I get this when I run upgrade.php Table 'dansmedi_yabbse.yabbse_themes' doesn't exist

What do I do?

xenovanis

Actually, I think it would be wise to upgrade to 1.0.5 first.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

hello5566

Well I have alreayd uploaded the one ExistenZ said but I get this error, What do I do now? as I need this forum online soon!

ExistenZ

ok, i am sorry. That is what i did...but now you can try this:

Download this file: http://www.simplemachines.org/download.php/smf_1-0-5_upgrade.zip

Replace all the files on the server with those, run the upgrade script provided....

That MUST work. once again, I am sorry....i didn;t know it would do that.
Regards,
Andre

xenovanis

Yes, try as ExistenZ suggests. You can just overwrite your files on the server.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Claire

same thing happened to me - I'm uploading 1-0-5 now

ExistenZ

Regards,
Andre

Claire

Yup. I used 1-0-5  and everything upgraded perfect!

Quote from: ExistenZ on October 02, 2005, 12:06:11 PM
So, does it work?

hello5566

Yeah I upgraded to 1.0.5 and it worked but now I want to update to the latest version 1.1 RC1 but there is an update package and an upgrade package what one do I download? Also when I download it do I just upload all the files overwriting the existing ones again and then run upgrade.php?

xenovanis

Yes. Now that you are at 1.0.5, you would be fine using the smaller updatepacke. Upload it, overwrite the existing files and run upgrade.php.
Somehow it is not possible to upgrade to 1.1 from very low versions, that's why you needed to upgrade to 1.0.5 first. Everything should work fine now.

ExistenZ

This is the first person I have helped with SMF! Even though my help led them to disaster....... oh well.
Regards,
Andre

xenovanis

Quote from: ExistenZ on October 02, 2005, 03:30:55 PM
This is the first person I have helped with SMF! Even though my help led them to disaster....... oh well.

Well, you learned a thing and no disaster happened  :) So you should be able to sleep well tonight.

ExistenZ

I suppose i can!

just a note, isn;t it aronic! I AM NOT A NEWBIE ANYMORE! I AM NOW OFICIALLY A Jr MEMBER! YAY! And i achieve this status right after i offer my first support advice!  8)
Regards,
Andre

1MileCrash

The only thing php can't do is tell you how much milk is left in the fridge.

Advertisement: