News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Conversion from e107

Started by FrankL, December 15, 2013, 04:38:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankL

Hi

I wondered if somebody could help?

I have set up a new SMF forum for a club and have been testing it for some time. We want to go live with it soon but I have not managed to find a way to copy over the current e107 forum posts to SMF. I have read some of the posts on the topic here and found the link to the converter about six months ago. I tried the converter on a test instance of e107 and the new SMF forum when I first built it but the script did not work. I cannot remember what the errors were at the time because it was a while ago but I think that it indicated that it finished however, nothing was converted. I noticed that the version of e107 on the main php script page was 0.7.7 which is pretty ancient so that may have been the reason.

I have trawled the web elsewhere but cannot find any suitable script, however, I noticed that on one of the SMF pages it mentions a script could be produced, does anybody know how I can go about getting that done?

I am only interested in porting across the forum posts if that makes life any easier?

Thanks in advance.

Frank

FrankL

Quote from: K@ on December 15, 2013, 10:31:35 AM
* K@ wonders if this would help...

http://download.simplemachines.org/?converters;software=e107

Hi K@

Thank you for this but this is the converter link that I referred to and unfortunately it does not appear to work.

margarett

It is very likely that the database schema has changed meanwhile. It would require a rewrite of the converter...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

FrankL

Hi Margarett

Thank you; have you any idea if this can be done via this forum or does it need to be done by some other means?

Regards

Frank

margarett

It can be done via this forum. But it requires someone with the necessary time and expertise (the converter is a bit tricky piece of software) to do it.
The combination of both requirements is, unfortunately, very hard to find these days :(

You can, meanwhile, request the converter:
http://custom.simplemachines.org/converter_request.php?action=add
But I don't know, in all honesty, if it can be done in a reasonable time frame. Or if can be done, at all :(
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

FrankL

Thank you for your help and the link margarett.

I will put the request in, I have nothing to lose and you never know, I might be lucky :-)

Regards

Frank

MattConlon

I'm in the same boat here. All I want is users and forums... Did you have any success at all?

Advertisement: