News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF auto-complete (autosuggest) no longer working.

Started by Mr_JimWest, January 04, 2014, 11:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_JimWest

Version: SMF 2.0.6
Link: www.rangers-clan.com/forums
In Short: Recently I have noticed that my forums Auto Complete (Autosuggest) feature no longer works.
Visual See attached image "autocomplete.gif"

Long Story: I noticed that my forums auto-complete (Autosuggest) feature no longer works a couple of weeks ago, maybe when I installed the latest version of SMF. I had not installed or made any changes to the forums recently other than that. I was trying to send a PM to a member on the forum, I could not remember their name entirely, and sure enough, it was not displaying some of my choices after entering in the first three characters! I ignored it – now I have run into an issue. Normally I would not care, but this function is necessary for some administrative actions on my forum!

Failed Solutions: I have tried to see if any JavaScript errors are occurring, nothing seems to be wrong there. I thought maybe Firefox was acting up on me; I tried Chrome and IE - got the same result.

Mods Installed:

SMF 2.0.4 Update
      Auto Merge Double Post
      Hide SMF Version
      Allow Access while in Maintenance Mode
      SMF Gallery Lite
      SMF 2.0.3 Update
      SMF 2.0.5 Update

Member List Position Filter
      Custom Fields On Memberlist
      Stop Forum Spam
      Signature Area BBCode Buttons
      httpBL
      SMF 2.0.4 Update
      SMF 1.1.19 / 2.0.6 Update
      SMF4Mobile Mod

Member Awards
      reCAPTCHA for SMF
      Reason For Editing Mod
      Stop Spammer
      Treasury
      Member Awards
      Default Avatar Per Membergroup
      SMF 2.0.2 Update

I would greatly appreciate any help!

Kindred

Mods installed?

This is almost always due to a conflicting edit to the JavaScript files, even if there are no errors showing.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Mr_JimWest

Thanks for the quick reply Kindred.  ;D Sorry I did not provide the mods earlier  :-[, here they are:

Mods Installed

SMF 2.0.4 Update
Auto Merge Double Post
Hide SMF Version
Allow Access while in Maintenance Mode
SMF Gallery Lite
SMF 2.0.3 Update
SMF 2.0.5 Update
Member List Position Filter
Custom Fields On Memberlist
Stop Forum Spam
Signature Area BBCode Buttons
httpBL
SMF 2.0.4 Update
SMF 1.1.19 / 2.0.6 Update
SMF4Mobile Mod
Member Awards
reCAPTCHA for SMF
Reason For Editing Mod
Stop Spammer
Treasury
Member Awards
Default Avatar Per Membergroup
SMF 2.0.2 Update

Mr_JimWest

This issue has become more and more of an announce, can anyone help?  :-[

Kindred

You have  the member awards mod installed twice?

I think I recall reports with some versions of that mod causing JavaScript issues...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Mr_JimWest

Yea, those are leftover files, I had to manually install the mod back in the day. I do have a custom theme...like fully custom practically. I reverted back to the default theme...the AutoComplete (Autosuggest) works!

This must have happened in the latest ver. update. Anyone have any suggestions on where I might look for the problem in my theme?

Arantor

If it works in the default theme and not the custom theme, stands to reason it's the theme at fault not anything else (like not the update)

Mr_JimWest

I would normally agree...but how else would I explain the fact that the auto-complete has worked for a number of years with this theme - only recently has it become an issue... :-\

Arantor

*shrug* I have no idea what you may or may not have done to it. I'd suggest looking at the browser console for JavaScript errors, maybe we can figure it out once that's done.

vkot

For specialized SMF installation/customization, Web Development, Linux Server Administration, click here.
Για εξειδικευμένες υπηρεσίες στα παραπάνω, πατήστε εδώ.

Advertisement: