News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[Request] Custom Post Buttons

Started by Dark-Skript, January 09, 2014, 06:18:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark-Skript

Hello everyone, I was wondering if such mod exists.

I require the following:
To be able to add a custom icon or drop down for certain member groups while posting, these icons would automatically insert a post template.

For example: An Administrator Accepting a member application would type:

[center][color=green][size=18pt]Accepted[/size][/color][/center]

[center][color=white]Hey [NAME], we are pleased to announce that your application has gained enough support for it to be accepted, we would like to welcome you to the Team. Please make sure you are fully aware of the rules & guidelines of being a [TRUSTED MEMBER/MODERATOR/ADMINISTRATOR] before proceeding to carry out your duties.[/color][/center]

------

[i][color=white]Congratulations,
See you in-game.
[/color][/i]

Now instead of the admin having to copy and paste this everytime a button which sits here could insert this template once clicked:

In general, the mod I require should be able to add custom buttons to insert bbcode or a post template once clicked, maybe a feature for a custom icon and group restrictions too.

Many thanks.

fichtre

Quote from: Dark-Skript on January 09, 2014, 06:18:18 PM
Hello everyone, I was wondering if such mod exists.

I require the following:
To be able to add a custom icon or drop down for certain member groups while posting, these icons would automatically insert a post template.

For example: An Administrator Accepting a member application would type:

[center][color=green][size=18pt]Accepted[/size][/color][/center]

I know this is an old post but I am searching the same solution ! If someone have it would be nice thanks !

[center][color=white]Hey [NAME], we are pleased to announce that your application has gained enough support for it to be accepted, we would like to welcome you to the Team. Please make sure you are fully aware of the rules & guidelines of being a [TRUSTED MEMBER/MODERATOR/ADMINISTRATOR] before proceeding to carry out your duties.[/color][/center]

------

[i][color=white]Congratulations,
See you in-game.
[/color][/i]

Now instead of the admin having to copy and paste this everytime a button which sits here could insert this template once clicked:

In general, the mod I require should be able to add custom buttons to insert bbcode or a post template once clicked, maybe a feature for a custom icon and group restrictions too.

Many thanks.
Ce n'est pas le nombre de fois que tu tombes qui compte, c'est le nombre de fois où tu te relèves

Steve

Um ... why did you quote a year and a half old post in its entirety?
DO NOT pm me for support!

fichtre

Because it is the same i was looking for and my english is poor :p ( Just saw that i have forgot to explain why i quote this xD My bad )

But i have found the solution, after searching in this forum !

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3864

Resolved !
Ce n'est pas le nombre de fois que tu tombes qui compte, c'est le nombre de fois où tu te relèves

br360

Glad you found a mod that you were looking for, but I don't think the mod you linked is what the OP was talking about. Something like this mod would probably be a lot closer to what he was looking for- http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2233

If that's what you wanted to do as well, check out the mod I linked.

fichtre

Thanks for the answer, will test it soon but seems already fine :)

Advertisement: