Which SMF files to download

Started by wizard13335, October 02, 2005, 09:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wizard13335

Hello and thx for reading. I was wondering what files to download for the latest version of SMF. The list is kinda confusing...
Wizard-A world of spells and enchantments awaits you.
Have a cat? Share your pet with the world at Kitten Kare.

Compuart

The latest version of SMF is 1.1 RC1
The latest stable version of SMF is 1.0.5

use install for installing a new version of SMF
use upgrade to upgrade SMF from any previous version of SMF or from YaBB SE 1.5.5
use update to upgrade from the previous version of SMF.
Hendrik Jan Visser
Former Lead Developer & Co-founder www.simplemachines.org
Personal Signature:
Realitynet.nl -> ExpeditieRobinson.net / PekingExpress.org / WieIsDeMol.Com

wizard13335

I'm sorry, but when you say that version 1.1 is not stable, do you mean I should download v1.0.5? (I'm not much of a tech guy.)  :)

Elmacik

1.1 is still being tested. 1.0.5 version is the most stable one.
But i highly recommend you to install 1.1 RC 1
and then to update whenever new updates come.
Because there are lots of differences between 1.0.5 and 1.1 RC 1
Home of Elmacik

Dannii

1.0.5 is completely stable. No security holes or anything. 1.1 is still being tested.
I would go for either 1.0.5 or 1.1b3 because there aren't many mods or themes yet for 1.1rc1
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Gary

All the themes that work for Beta 3 work with RC1, infact my theme is for 1.0.2 but it still works. I've just fixed everything in for 1.1 manually. But I would recommend 1.1 RC1.
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

wizard13335

Oldiesmann

If you're using a 1.1Beta 3 Public theme with a 1.1RC1 board, please see the sticky in the Graphics and Templates board about the changes in template files between the two, just so you don't run into any problems... Also, ConTEXT is great for that sort of thing.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

wizard13335

I don't understand anything you just said, Oldiesmann (no offense.) I am not using any other board, this is my first download.  :)

Oldiesmann

If you plan to use SMF 1.1RC1, and you want to use a theme that was made for 1.1 Beta 3 Public, take a look at the sticky in the Graphics and Templates board here because there are several changes between 1.1 Beta 3 Public and 1.1 RC1. ConTEXT is a great way to see the differences between two files.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Advertisement: