News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Development testing

Started by PhuriousGeorge, January 09, 2014, 08:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhuriousGeorge

This may be the incorrect place for this question, but need to ask it:

Is there a script to convert the 2.0.6 db to 2.1 or an auto population script I can run to test/inspect 2.1 with actual content?

Suki

The github repo has an "other" folder that contains install as well as upgrade files.  You can use those to upgrade from 2.0.x to 2.1, just keep in mind that the upgrade process might be broken due to the constant changes we apply. The upgrade process is the same as other versions, get the upgrade files in the forum's root dir and ran upgrade.php

So yeah, I prob would wait until a beta comes out to start testing.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Arantor

Especially as I keep changing things that necessitate changing the upgrader - like RIGHT NOW I'm adding new things to the upgrader.

PhuriousGeorge

Alright, just curious, looking to get involved & help anyway I can :)

Arantor

Best thing to do right now is to play around with a test site, installing from scratch - when we announce beta, that's when we're really going to be encouraging people to play with upgrading ;)

PhuriousGeorge

Quote from: Sir Cumber-Patcher on January 09, 2014, 09:44:45 PM
Best thing to do right now is to play around with a test site, installing from scratch - when we announce beta, that's when we're really going to be encouraging people to play with upgrading ;)

No worries, just looking to see if I could play with content in there or not, or to make myself a few accounts with different privileges and let my split personalities have at it  O:)

Advertisement: