News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Release Notification Email

Started by ezcry4t3d, January 21, 2014, 11:23:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ezcry4t3d

After many years, I have finally shut down my Simple Machines Forum.  As such, I no longer wish to receive email announcing new releases.

I attempted to follow the unsubscribe instructions in one of these emails to no avail, since the "notification" area of my profile does not seem to exist anywhere.

QuoteTHIS IS NOT SPAM! You are receiving this non-commercial email because you are subscribed to receive notifications per e-mail, directly from our community. (http://simplemachines.org/community)

- If you are looking to unsubscribe from receiving such (security) announcements on <email> in the future, please login to our community and *after logging in* set your preference by using this URL: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=profile;area=notification; You can unsubscribe there.

Anyone know how I get off this email train?
"Before you give someone a piece of your mind, be sure you have enough to spare."

Illori

try that link again now that you have 10 posts.

Irisado

You cannot edit your profile when you have fewer than ten posts, so try again now, and see if you can.  If you go to Profile>Notifications and e-mail, you should be able to uncheck the first box to stop receiving notifications.

Edit: Too slow :D.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

ezcry4t3d

"Before you give someone a piece of your mind, be sure you have enough to spare."

The_Worst

I'm currently having the same problem... So first I have to spam 9 more messages before I can unsubscribe myself from the mailing list? ...

ezcry4t3d

Yes, after that tenth post I made all the options appear at the unsubscribe link.

LiroyvH

Quote from: The_Worst on January 21, 2014, 06:36:34 PM
I'm currently having the same problem... So first I have to spam 9 more messages before I can unsubscribe myself from the mailing list? ...

I cancelled it for you.
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

slammedcivic

10 post now!  Off to unsubscribe.

lightfairy287

Quote from: CoreISP on January 21, 2014, 08:58:05 PM
I cancelled it for you.

I don't use SMF anymore either. It was a great forum software when I needed it! Thank you for your software.

Could you please cancel my email subscription as well?

Thanks! :)

Oldiesmann

Quote from: lightfairy287 on January 22, 2014, 12:45:58 PM
Quote from: CoreISP on January 21, 2014, 08:58:05 PM
I cancelled it for you.

I don't use SMF anymore either. It was a great forum software when I needed it! Thank you for your software.

Could you please cancel my email subscription as well?

Thanks! :)

Done.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Blijbol

LiroyvH

((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

revlisoft

Same problem here.  I can't unsubscribe.

nowhere3

Same problem here. Noticing a trend?

Arantor

I am noticing a trend indeed... people can't unsubscribe because that page is denied to people who have under 10 posts (because the same permission also prevents people with under 10 posts from having a signature)

What interests me more is why people who've signed up, been signed up for years are all suddenly complaining *now*, when they would have had a similar email three months ago with the last update.

nowhere3

For me it was because that email 3 months ago was the first email from SMF that I had actually noticed in a long time. The second one triggered me to realise that maybe SMF was going to be sending more emails out and I would want to unsubscribe.

ezcry4t3d

Quote from: Sir Cumber-Patcher on January 23, 2014, 01:25:23 PM
What interests me more is why people who've signed up, been signed up for years are all suddenly complaining *now*, when they would have had a similar email three months ago with the last update.

For me, it's because 3 months ago I was still running SMF on my server and I used the emails to alert me when there were updates.  Now, the 4 remaining users migrated off to somewhere I don't have to manage anymore, so I shut the forum down and no longer need to know when updates are released.

Arantor

That might explain your case but it doesn't explain the sudden influx of everyone else and I would note this didn't happen after the 2.0.6 release...

nowhere3

Quote from: Sir Cumber-Patcher on January 23, 2014, 02:56:06 PM
That might explain your case but it doesn't explain the sudden influx of everyone else and I would note this didn't happen after the 2.0.6 release...

Maybe they were still using SMF after 2.0.6. I'm just replying to you mostly to get 10 posts.

Advertisement: