IOS7 Problems

Started by Bubbleboy, January 22, 2014, 09:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbleboy

Ever since IOS7 was released, I cannot add/approve new members when they don't pass the security question. When I click approve it locks up Safari. Anyone have any suggestions?  My forum is currently running v2.0.6.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Adam

Arantor

This is actually a Safari bug not an SMF one, but I thought this was fixed in iOS 7.0.4?

iOS 7.1 beta 3 seems to be OK, haven't retested with beta 4 yet. (Registered iOS developer)

Bubbleboy

Just applied 2.0.7. So much for hoping this would fix the problem.

Arantor

Nope, because amidst the other dozens of things fixed in 2.0.7, that wasn't touched because it was understood to have been fixed by Apple as it is actually a Safari bug (other websites cause the same problem)

Bubbleboy

Arantor

So what version of iOS are you using? Let's just try to eliminate as many issues as possible, eh?

Bubbleboy

Arantor

Nuts, I was under the impression it was fixed >_<

Kindred

Confirmed to still be an issue on iOS 7.0.4
(Just got an iPad air for Xmas)

Idiots at apple apparently never fixed it in the 7.0.x series.

And bubbleboy, since it is an apple issue, they have to fix it. (And apparently have in 7.1.x)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

Yeah but Apple have been known to break stuff between betas. 7.0 beta 2 was buggy as sin.

Bubbleboy

Any rumours when iOS 7.1 will be released?  March?

Arantor

That really depends on Apple. Beta 4 is only recently out, if nothing major comes out in that time, it'll be a mid February release based on their previous history. Failing that, beta 5 will be mid February and we'll be looking at a March release.

Bubbleboy

The joys of having other moderators not having to rely on iOS devices.

Thanks Sir CP!

Matthew K.

Hmm...not fixing an issue because of how a browser renders it and saying it's their problem to fix? Sounds extremely familiar to me!

On a completely separate note, can SMF handle Internet Explorer in an identical manner?

In regard to iOS betas, typically they don't release many more than a few betas, but seeing what they have in iOS 7.1 beta 4, I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more before it's actually released.

Kindred

the thing is --- it's not jut SMF.

ANY site that uses a pop-up confirmation like that is hosed in Safari under iOS 7.0.4
I actually have to exit the browser and force it to close. (again - not just SMF...)

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Johnboy1974

Everything's working fine for me on safari, ios7.0.4 but why don't you just use google chrome as your browser?.

Arantor

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on January 23, 2014, 01:39:35 AM
Hmm...not fixing an issue because of how a browser renders it and saying it's their problem to fix? Sounds extremely familiar to me!

On a completely separate note, can SMF handle Internet Explorer in an identical manner?

In regard to iOS betas, typically they don't release many more than a few betas, but seeing what they have in iOS 7.1 beta 4, I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more before it's actually released.

I don't appreciate the jab. I didn't see you rushing to fix issues with 2.0 in the past (hint: a large part of 2.0.7 was me doing bugfixing). Do remember that there are only 3 people spending any real time on this and I'm still wading through the other hundreds of bug reports about 2.0 and 2.1. And at least I've actually cared enough to spend *any* time on fixing 2.0 bugs since 2.0.7 is pure bug fixes, not security ones. Please remember that before you launch into one of your now infamous 'why we should listen to you' 'because you know everything' rants. We've heard them all before.

We have had issues in the past with browser specific quirks, e.g. IE8 and the jumping text problem but because that affected a large number of users across a large number of sites (as opposed to contained within one moderation area that, by definition, isn't open to a bunch of users)... the result is that this is far less widespread an issue.

Kindred

And also, it's looking like Apple realized that it is their error and has fixed it in the current Betas, which will eventually be present and fixed in the 7.1 release
Слaва
Украинi

Bubbleboy

Oh well, so much for 7.1 fixing our problems  >:(

NanoSector

I'll mark this as solved now that the bug has been solved in iOS/Safari. :)
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Advertisement: