News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

smiley edits garfed up

Started by Deprecated, January 26, 2014, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deprecated

This is a bug report for the SMF site software in its present configuration.

When editing a post the post editor screws up and emits garbage instead of the smiley. It looks like this:

<$1alt="" title="" onresizestart="return false;" id="smiley__$2" style="padding: 0 3px 0 3px;" />

I received that when I edited a post with :)

Arantor

Yes, we know. This is one of the bugs in the original 2.0.7 patch which we already fixed. Deploying it *here* however is a bit more interesting.

Deprecated

LMAO!

Please let me know if you'd like any help fixing it. :)

You know, there's a SMF 2.0.6 -> 2.0.7 hosted here on a secret page... Just use that.

Actually one of the easiest ways to upgrade from 6 to 7 is to just remove all your mods and copy the 7 files over, then reapply the mods.

Yeah, I know. You probably have about 1,000 mods. Maybe I wrote some of them....... Maybe not.....

Arantor

Oh I already fixed it days ago but rolling it out on this site is infinitely more difficult than you realise, as I have tried to tell you but that you're still not listening.

In case it wasn't obvious, I don't have permission to edit the site (as I'm neither Site Team nor Lead Dev) so I couldn't actually fix it *here* yet. Even though the patch is already fixed and has been for days.

Edit, in case you think you can help, look at the 2.0.6 to 2.0.7 patch, Subs-Editor.php, operation 2, dealing with converting a preg_replace with deprecated /e to a preg_replace_callback with lambda function. That's the edit that needs to be fixed here. Shame you couldn't have used your mighty skills to fix it on Tuesday really. Though I didn't need your help on this occasion.

Deprecated

Quote from: Sir Cumber-Patcher on January 27, 2014, 12:57:40 AMOh I already fixed it days ago but rolling it out on this site is infinitely more difficult than you realise, as I have tried to tell you but that you're still not listening.

It seems to me that you don't read my posts and I don't read yours. It makes me wonder why either of us bothers to reply to the other. I'll keep that in mind in the future. You should too. We can start now.

In case you wondered, (1) I had no idea whether the problem was fixed, (2) I had no idea you personally fixed it, (3) I had no idea you were or were not responsible for fixing the SMF site, and (4) if you're a developer, why don't you go develop something instead of hanging on the site and giving me a hard time?

Did it ever occur to you that a simple PM could avoid a lot of negative personal interactions?

Here we are, I just reported a bug I found, I had no idea if it was known or not, fixed or not, and here we are off again...

Arantor

Which is why I kept it simple in my original post, and perfectly straightforward. You were the one who got nasty about it, I just replied in kind.

Deprecated

Let's just start over. Clean slate. Keep each topic to itself. No carrying over from disagreements in other topics, okay? Peace?

It seems to me that all of us would better serving the SMF community by writing more code and writing fewer posts. I've got mod packages to update and I'm sure you've got SMF code to develop. We should be doing that instead of bickering.

I'm glad you are aware of the bug and I'm glad you've got it fixed. It doesn't bother me at all on the site here since I can easily fix it in my posts or just ignore it.

Advertisement: