Changing Forum Logo but not showing on Login Page

Started by ASHA09, January 29, 2014, 02:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ASHA09

Hi, is there anyway of changing forum logo but dont want it showing on the logon page. So basically only want members logged in seeing the logo?

I would prefer a MOD (easy) but if changing the code is required that is also fine.

I thank you in advance for all your help.

Thanks!

Kindred

What?

That doesn't really make a lot of sense...

Why would you not want your logo to show on the login page?  What about other pages which guests view?

See, the thing is - everything in SMF is served through the index.php and index.template.php  -- which means that, even though the page is for login, it's not actually a different page.
The headers and footers are the same across all pages - including the logo
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ASHA09

Sorry I should have explained myself better. Can we have one logo/pic on the logon page and another one after members login. The forum we are setting up is private and thought it would be cool just to have different logo as soon as they login. E.g. Put up a banner saying "Welcome" or something like that.

It is not a big deal, I just thought if it possible we will do it.

I understand now about the pages being the same. All of this is new to me, so my title here Newbie is totally right.   ;D

Thanks for your help!

Kindred

well... it COULD be done - using conditional code in index.template.php to detect the "action" that is currently being done by the user (action=login or action=login2, or action=register)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ASHA09

Quote from: Kindred on January 29, 2014, 04:25:52 PM
well... it COULD be done - using conditional code in index.template.php to detect the "action" that is currently being done by the user (action=login or action=login2, or action=register)

Thank you.  :) I will look into this.

Arantor

I can think of other ways but honestly, it seems like a lot of work for something that most people probably won't notice in practice.

ASHA09

Thank you! I made one theme as the main theme which shows on the login page and then changed everyones theme to another theme with the Logo. So after a member logs in they will see the logo. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks for all your help!

Advertisement: