"toggle - function" in Personal Messages » Sent Items

Started by sangham.net, February 04, 2014, 06:37:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sangham.net

Dear supporters and programmers,

I am not sure if that is a so called "bug". Just came across the select of field (toggle) in sent items (where you can choose all PMs) and it seems not to work, does not select other items. In "Inbox" everything is fine with it.

Maybe it is useful to know for you (if it is not just a "personal" or browser issue of mine).

metta & mudita

sangham.net

The "Remove Selected" function also shows no reaction here, seems not to work and to delete PMs must be done in the individual PMs themselves.

???

Suki

Works fin on this forum, can you please use a different browser and test it again. Be sure to have JavaScript enable.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

sangham.net

Dear Suki,

I tried it now on IE8 (before it was Firefox). "Remove Selected" works on both pages. "toggle" does not work on both pages.

Suki

Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

sangham.net

As much as I am aware, yes, Suki. I also looked into the settings of IE8 (since you encouraged on this matter explicitly) and the field "JavaScript" was marked with a check mark.
I do how ever not oppress any "JavaScript" as much as I am aware. I guess "Remove Selected" would not work either, is Javascript" would be enabled, as far as I understand this matter.

So its not a general phenomena, off course it could be that it has to do with my JS generally. I remember that I have sometimes problems to "post" (if a certain action is done in between) and somebody here, I guess it was Arantor once told me, that it could be that any JScript on the page could disturb such.
How ever, it seems to me to quick to say, that this is also here the matter.

Suki

I'm sorry but it looks like theres some kind of issue with your browser then, the toggle function is pretty simple and straightforward so any browser no matter how dull it is should be capable of performing the toggle.

Can you collapse categories?

sangham.net

Yes, everything works fine, there is never any problem. That was the reason why I mentioned it, guessing it might be a "bug" even if just certain browser related.

But if it does not happen to anybody else, please do not invest to much of your precious time. It could be of course a individual problem and since I am not a person who upgrades all every time maybe its only a slow men's problem.

Suki

Well, I'm not saying there isn't a bug but so far no one else has reported the same and all symptoms indicate a browser issue.

sangham.net

So maybe just leave it like this and keep it in mind. Don't let it burden you to much for now. (Just that you know, the functions here on this forum work well for me as well, so its not a browser issue of mine. Tested them at the same time.)

Thanks a lot for your attention and care and maybe it was useful, will be useful later on.

Advertisement: