How can i change the original post background colour different from replies background like facebook

Started by mulwa, February 06, 2014, 06:59:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mulwa

Please senior friends, i need a help on how i can change the original post background. I mean only that of the original post without changing reply background. Like that of facebook ( it has white status background. And different color for comment background.), thank you.

margarett

I'm moving this to Graphics and replying shortly ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

margarett

OK so I did a quick test here...

It the default theme, it seems it isn't a quick fix because of the rounded corners of the post area, which are images with CSS included... So it's easy to change the background color inside the post area, but not that much on the upper and lower limits, see attached.

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

mulwa

Okay that's great and am sorry for posting in wrong section. but don't really know how i could do that., i mean how to change the background colour.

And also can i make the original post to be at the top always? Like that of facebook, even if you click on the next page

Shambles

Quote from: mulwa
And also can i make the original post to be at the top always? Like that of facebook, even if you click on the next page

Try this

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1472

mulwa

@ shambles thank you very much, am gonna give it a try

mulwa

@Margrete,
pls can you give me the step to make the background colour of the first post different from replies background? Thank you

Streamlife

hello there, i try to do the same @mulwa   but this mod First Post on Every Page is incompatible with smf 2.0.7 any other idea¿

margarett

As I told you, you can't easily do it because of the corners of the post area, which are images. And I can't really help you with that...
Did you see the image from my previous post? Did you notice how the edges of the post area still retain the "old" color?

AllanD

What i do is remove the top slice and bottom slices since they are more then a pain then helpful.
Check out this great sites.
KnD Hosting

Xarkurai

Quote from: AllanD on June 20, 2014, 09:13:38 AM
What i do is remove the top slice and bottom slices since they are more then a pain then helpful.

Same.
I use the border-radius to make round borders without the slices.
Useful paid mod: Badge Awards - Award members for actions

AllanD

Quote from: XaR on June 20, 2014, 09:32:54 AM
Same.
I use the border-radius to make round borders without the slices.

Makes it so much easier and you have more control over the style.
Check out this great sites.
KnD Hosting

mulwa

@streamdark, go to package manager and clicked on advance then in the box below where you see 2.0.7 and try writing the older version of smf. Either. 2.0.0, 2.01 etc then click on apply and try installing

Streamlife

Advertisement: