News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

How to set a ban for usernames by mask?

Started by Keyword, February 08, 2014, 07:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keyword

Hi!

Dealing with an inadequate person, who has a principle of registering a new username with a pattern each time after a full ban.

For example, if Badguy1 gets banned, then he registers with Badguy2, Badguy3 or Bad-guy-1, Bad-guy-2 and etc.

How to set a ban for usernames by using masking symbols like '*' and '?
Badguy*
Badguy?
Badguy??
Bad?guy* (for Bad-guy2 and Bad-guy-2)

doesn't work.

Thank you.

Acans

Banning his hostname and IP would work better.
"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

Keyword

Quote from: ѕησω on February 09, 2014, 01:19:36 AM
Banning his hostname and IP would work better.
Unfortunately, this user is so badass using proxies and sitting behind the VPN.

Kindred

I do not believe the ban system supports that sort of wildcard.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Keyword

Quote from: Kindred on March 28, 2014, 09:40:56 AM
I do not believe the ban system supports that sort of wildcard.
Can there be another workaround in this case?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Biology Forums

You'll find that eventually they will give up. You can also employ the annoyuser mod.

Advertisement: