Automatically Post New Topics from SMF to my webpage?

Started by GlenCarbon, February 12, 2014, 03:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlenCarbon

I would like to display recent posts on my website.  I am having trouble getting any posts to display. 
I am hoping someone can provide me with step by step instructions and/or code.
The website url to display the SMF posts is  hxxp:exploreglencarbon.com/forums.php [nonactive]
The SMF forum url is hxxp:forums.bizteksolutions.com [nonactive]
Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Kays

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

GlenCarbon

Thank you. I am not certain this will solve my issue.
I currently have a feed from Facebook that appears on my website.  Can the same thing be done with SMF?
Can I display recent posts on my website? 

I have tried the information from url hxxp:anl4u.com/blog/show-posts-from-your-smf-fourm-in-your-homeindex-page/ [nonactive] but I am receiving a fatal error.
Fatal error: Call to undefined function ssi_recentPosts() in D:\Hosting\6473373\html\forums.php on line 816

margarett

You want to have cross-domain integration and that is not possible with SSI!

You have 2 possibilities:
1 - Use the REST API that a user developed http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=458832.0 (not sure who can provide you support with this. I never used it)
2 - Have your page to fetch a XML/RSS feed from SMF. http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/XML_feeds
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

GlenCarbon

Thank you for the information.
I used BuzzBoost within Feedburner to display recent posts.
BuzzBoost republishes your burned feed's content as go-anywhere HTML. BuzzBoost gives you a snippet of JavaScript you can paste into your page templates.

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: