Can OpenCart and SMF work together safely?

Started by Zirkon, February 14, 2014, 10:39:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zirkon

Sorry if this is in the wrong section. Was a bit unsure where to post this question.

Anyways I am setting up a commercial website with a PayPal checkout for a friend and he wants to add a forum into the site.

Is there any security issues with setting up a SMF forum inside of OpenCarts directory? The forum and OpenCart will each have there own database and not be fully integrated.

What I am looking for is to have the links setup as ww.storename.com and ww.storename.com/forum/

If I go this route will it be ok?

I appreciate any guidance you can give me

Kindred

I do not believe that there is any current bridge between SMF and OpenCart...   so they don't work together at all.

If you are having completely separate logins between the forum and the Cart, then there is no issue at all.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

margarett

I tested for you in my local machine. It worked flawlessly.
Of course, there's only so much I can test in a local install (and I lost no more than 10 minutes in it :P )

Disclaimer: I've never used that software.

If you want an integrated solution, maybe this serves you: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route=extension/extension/info&extension_id=3610&filter_search=Forum&page=2
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Zirkon

Thank you for the answers Kindred and Margarett .. greatly appreciated  ;)

Yeah no real need for full on integration hes happy with the idea of having a support forum to help answer customer questions, and keep em around for more repeat sales. I looked into some of the built in forums and they really left a lot to be desired. SMF seems the better way to go and I'm comfortable with using it to help him when he needs it.

Anyhow thanks for the help!!!

Advertisement: