Need someone to help me with Building My Forum.

Started by GtaCommunity, March 02, 2014, 12:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GtaCommunity

I have been trying 3 months trying to get my forum ready and active and have not been able to now I need help with themes,mods,advertising and members.

Some of you guys are experts on this and I need your help.

Forum gtav-community.net/forum [nofollow]

Topic edited for clarity.

margarett

Hi and welcome to SMF.

A links to see what you have is a good place to start.
Themes and mods is up to you to decide what you want to have.

Advertising, just use one of the adequate mods for that.

Members, that's trickier... You want to get new members? How to do that?
Well, as much I feel sad saying this to you: are you sure GTA is the "niche" you can settle your forum into? Can you provide your members something your (immense) competition can't?

GTA is the only game I play (like once a month :P ) but I'm not sure if you should invest your time and money in this... There's a ton of other GTA resources out there...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

GtaCommunity

Now if change the forum into a gaming forums what will your opinion be?

margarett

Gaming like, in general?
Main question remains:
QuoteCan you provide your members something your (immense) competition can't?

I'm not trying to discourage you, please don't take it that way... I'm just trying to make you think in advance, so you don't feel frustrated in the long run. ;)

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Irisado

I've moved this to Building Your Community and other Forum advice, because you're essentially asking for opinions, rather than for anyone to actually do something for you in the way in which the Help board works.  If you have a specific request whereby you want someone to do something for you, please post that request in the Help Wanted board, but be specific :).
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

GtaCommunity

Quote from: margarett on March 02, 2014, 03:56:14 PM
Gaming like, in general?
Main question remains:
QuoteCan you provide your members something your (immense) competition can't?

I'm not trying to discourage you, please don't take it that way... I'm just trying to make you think in advance, so you don't feel frustrated in the long run. ;)

Yes,a general gaming forum.

Since the beginning of my forum I have been trying everything to posting ads and only got me spammers so I cleaned up the forum then started fresh with new themes and a lot of smf mods but members that register are spammers or just people  who don't post also tried to to make the forum nice looking and planning to make it easier for members to use the forums if that does not help I don't know what I will do.

margarett

Which,  unfortunately, proves my point :(

It's not just about the mods or themes... it's about content and the differentiation that you might or might not do, comparing with the other, older and well established, gaming forums out there ;)

GtaCommunity

Mostly other gaming sites are coded by a code like se7ensins that was fully coded.

Advertisement: