Display Additional Membergroups

Started by margarett, March 03, 2014, 11:02:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NW Dreamer

Thanks for looking into this!  I'd love to use this mod.  :)
Craig

Shadight

Hello, after my message here, i repost my question because it's seems that i was wrong about this topic.

First, thank you for this mod, it's pretty nice with additional author too.

Second, i have a question/request about this mod.

There is a way to display only maybe 2 or 3 additional membergroup in topic? Because i use image rank and with 3+ additional, it's a maybe little too much.

And third, this is not an option with this mod, but there is a way or another mod who the user can choose maybe his/her X number (example 3)  favorite group to display?

Thank you  :)

margarett

@NW Dreamer: it's not forgotten by I really had no time to look at that :(

@Shadight:
First: thank you :)
Second:
a) Not really, no. It should be easily accomplished in the code, I can help you do it if you want but it's not something I'd like to add to this MOD.
b) Also not. There are no user settings for it since this is what I call an "administrative addon". It's up to the administrator to decide if and how to use. To add user settings is amazingly complex (especially because you can be part of groups that you don't even know -- permission groups behind the curtains, etc).
For both cases, you (administrator) can set a group with visibility = invisible, this will prevent said group to be shown ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Shadight

Okay, thank you for your answers and i don't want to bother you for my first question.

Because i work on a "project" forum and i'm not sure to release it, so give you work for maybe nothing, will be stupid from me.

And okay no problem for my second question. If this thing was possible, i think It would have been a great combo with my first question.

Anyway, thank you for your help.

margarett

Finally. Released version 1.03 ;)
Version 1.03 // 02-10-2014
================================================================================
! Fixed bug: undefined index with request to join group (thanks NW Dreamer)
! Fixed bug: groups listing when "show additional membergroups" is NOT selected

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

DSystem

Has appeared the following error in my logs.

Quotehttp://eletronicabr.com/index.php?action=profile;area=deleteaccount;save
8: Undefined index: additional_groups
Arquivo: /home/forumbr/domains/eletronicabr.com/public_html/Sources/Profile-Actions.php
Linha: 434

call_user_func   /index.php:164

deleteAccount2   Sources/Profile.php:558

error_handler   Sources/Profile-Actions.php:434

margarett

Sorry for the delay, I've been extremely busy...

I confirmed it's a bug, I'm fixing it immediatelly. Thank you

rickmastfan67

Does this mod work with the 'Core' theme?  Have a few themes I've made that are based off of it and was just curious.

margarett

It should. I haven't tried it but it passes the installation test ;)

KyMcMan

Just installed this mod and absolutely love it.  Thank you for it!

Just noticed this popping up in my error log for "Guest" accounts.  Is there an easy fix?

Sources/Profile.php
Line: 321

WhiteEagle

When I had this mod installed on Leet Link's website, it was showing most of the groups for me, when I'm just a member of the following three: Admin, F@H Team Member, and Staff. It was also showing Global Mod and my three paid membergroups, and the only group it wasn't showing was the new Vendor (part of my idea to eventually add a marketplace to the site) group.

Yet when installed on LeetSpace.com (almost the same setup except for the arcade and a different theme), it worked just fine. Any ideas on why it wasn't working fine at Leet Link, and why it's working fine at LeetSpace.com? I'd love to reinstall the mod at Leet Link if I can get it working!

Thanks,
Nathan Pinno
I fold for team 52482. Do you Fold@Home?
SMF powered sites: Leet Link LeetSpace.com

margarett

Quote from: KyMcMan on December 14, 2014, 12:44:45 PM
Just installed this mod and absolutely love it.  Thank you for it!

Just noticed this popping up in my error log for "Guest" accounts.  Is there an easy fix?

Sources/Profile.php
Line: 321

Can you please give me some lines above and below line 321? I can't seem to replicate that...

Quote from: WhiteEagle on December 16, 2014, 12:48:28 AM
When I had this mod installed on Leet Link's website, it was showing most of the groups for me, when I'm just a member of the following three: Admin, F@H Team Member, and Staff. It was also showing Global Mod and my three paid membergroups, and the only group it wasn't showing was the new Vendor (part of my idea to eventually add a marketplace to the site) group.

Yet when installed on LeetSpace.com (almost the same setup except for the arcade and a different theme), it worked just fine. Any ideas on why it wasn't working fine at Leet Link, and why it's working fine at LeetSpace.com? I'd love to reinstall the mod at Leet Link if I can get it working!

Thanks,
Nathan Pinno
Not sure if I understand your problem... Is it showing groups you're not part of? :o Are you sure you don't have those groups assigned to you? You need to confirm on your database, table smf_members. There you find the "id_group" and "additional_groups" columns, check their value for your user.

WhiteEagle

Yeah, it was odd, but it's fixed now. Thanks!

Steve

Was the solution anything that might be of value for others to know?
DO NOT pm me for support!

WhiteEagle

All I did was check my own profile, then check the additional usergroups I was in, and uncheck those I wasn't in and my own (cause it was showing up twice). Don't know why the installation messed around with my profile, but it did.

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

DragoN_PT

Mekie Bruno!

Sorry for the dig but ive just installed your mod and i have a question:

How can i arrange the display order of the groups? I want at least that the Admin one to be the 1st one.

420Connect.co.uk

Quote from: DragoN_SAMP on March 10, 2015, 04:30:33 PM
Mekie Bruno!

Sorry for the dig but ive just installed your mod and i have a question:

How can i arrange the display order of the groups? I want at least that the Admin one to be the 1st one.

find under: (User profile) > Account Settings

then set their PRIMARY group to the one to display first.
www.420Connect.co.uk ~ A Social Network For The #CannabisCommunity ~ Come say "High" ;)

DragoN_PT

Thanks man.

I had it set into the default smf sellection group but the i reset that to "no group" and add it in the "Aditional groups" below and all went to the right place.

Thanks.  ;)

_
Edit:

Shouldn't this be shown in the profile page too? Its working on the forum but not on the members profile pages. That or perhaps a bug from another mod..?

420Connect.co.uk

I think there's maybe another mod for that if not - I believe I have that conflict too and wouldn't mind fixing it / finding the other mod :P! (will updatE)
www.420Connect.co.uk ~ A Social Network For The #CannabisCommunity ~ Come say "High" ;)

Advertisement: