News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Display Additional Membergroups

Started by margarett, March 03, 2014, 11:02:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

eric1234

Hey, I have installed the mod and it works great.

However, when i add-in the 2nd membership group, the 2nd membership group display on the profile in the "threads" or beside the "post" of the "threads" then it will shown as

Membership Group A

Membership Group B

So how can i shift the Join Date to below Membership Group B?

Thank you :)

margarett

The mod you used to show join date got in the way :P
Check Display.template.php as you need to swap the code between my mod and that other one.

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

eric1234

Quote from: margarett on July 14, 2015, 12:49:08 PM
The mod you used to show join date got in the way :P
Check Display.template.php as you need to swap the code between my mod and that other one.
Oh i see ok. I understand what need to be done haha

Thank you  :)

dieselv2

Add 2.0.10 to the list!  It works great and just what I was looking for.  Thanks! :)

FinalBoss

Im running 2.0.10 and for some reasons this mod has no effect on my forum. It doesnt show any alternate membergroups - thanks

margarett

FinalBoss

margarett

Then you need to check if all file edits were performed, especially the ones in Display.template.php.

Didn't you get errors while installing it?

Edit: do you use a custom theme? If so, did you choose it when installing the mod?

FinalBoss

Your help is very appreciated and I apologize for the slow responses. Yes I did all of the above and no I didn't receive any errors during installation. I will Uninstall and re install this arvo and send a response .

Thank you again and sorry for the slow reply

DanMB

DanMB

Quote from: DanMB on November 13, 2015, 06:28:30 PM
member group pictures https://gyazo.com/7e84c3772330aac53ccc81ce6b1ef0af
posting profile https://gyazo.com/dfca5a79c6b216e9f3749423fb2a3d5c
normal profile https://gyazo.com/fa08ce46a01b0f626602e8affb7b7353
ok so the 2nd group pictures dont show any help?
yet it does not show the pictures
two tests failed could that be the reason?

Kindred

Well, yes...   If the mod was installed DESPITE the errors and the big red warning across the top of the screen, then it is lucky that your system works at all.   Why would you install a mod that warned your that the installation would not be complete, without knowing what to do bout correcting those missing code bits?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

DanMB

Quote from: Kindred on November 13, 2015, 06:57:53 PM
Well, yes...   If the mod was installed DESPITE the errors and the big red warning across the top of the screen, then it is lucky that your system works at all.   Why would you install a mod that warned your that the installation would not be complete, without knowing what to do bout correcting those missing code bits?
i did uninstall

DanMB

Quote from: DanMB on November 13, 2015, 07:04:44 PM
Quote from: Kindred on November 13, 2015, 06:57:53 PM
i did uninstall
any similar ones or a patch for this?

Kindred

There is no need for a patch.
The reason that it failed on some files is because some other mod has already changed the code that this mod is looking for.

The only option is to manually make the changes that fail on the tests...  And, since this mod is pretty basic, it is likely that ANY mod you use for this update would have the exact same issue with failures in the exact same spots.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

DanMB

ok got it to work but now is it possible to have the tags bellow the profile picture?

margarett

Quote from: DanMB on November 13, 2015, 08:32:06 PM
is it possible to have the tags bellow the profile picture?

Sure it is. The MOD adds code to Display.template.php and the place where the code is added determines where the new info shows up ;)
Right now it shows above the avatar. If you want it below the avatar, just pick this code:
//Show additional groups, if the user has some attributed
if (!empty($message['member']['additional_groups_full'])) {
foreach($message['member']['additional_groups_full'] as $temp) {
if (!empty($modSettings['show_additional_groups_name']))
echo '
<li class="membergroup">', $temp['group'], '</li>';
echo '
<li class="membergroup">', $temp['stars_img'], '</li>';
}
}

Cut it, and paste it above
// Show how many posts they have made.

DanMB

Quote from: margarett on November 15, 2015, 05:13:45 PM
Quote from: DanMB on November 13, 2015, 08:32:06 PM
is it possible to have the tags bellow the profile picture?

Sure it is. The MOD adds code to Display.template.php and the place where the code is added determines where the new info shows up ;)
Right now it shows above the avatar. If you want it below the avatar, just pick this code:
//Show additional groups, if the user has some attributed
if (!empty($message['member']['additional_groups_full'])) {
foreach($message['member']['additional_groups_full'] as $temp) {
if (!empty($modSettings['show_additional_groups_name']))
echo '
<li class="membergroup">', $temp['group'], '</li>';
echo '
<li class="membergroup">', $temp['stars_img'], '</li>';
}
}

Cut it, and paste it above
// Show how many posts they have made.
so i understand you cut the 1st code and put it above the 2nd?

Advertisement: