News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Random empty posts after converting

Started by Black Tiger, March 03, 2014, 06:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Tiger

I converted my vBulletin 3.8.7 pl3 to SMF 2.0.7.
Conversion seem to run fine, I did not see any strange things and no error messages. By the way.... documentation is not very good.  I didn't know what exactly to do with the conversion sql file, so I just put it in the same directory as I put the convert.php file.

Checked some threads and posts, all seemed well.
Now I spend hours adjusting the forum, setting the correct rights etc. and now I discovered several posts are just not present.

The post are there in the forum display, but if you open the post, they are empty, it has the correct profile, but no content text is present.

This happened all over the forum, so I have no clue to find out what has gone wrong.

But I would hate doing all the work again. Is there a possibility to do -only- a conversion of all posts some way, overwriting current posts in the database or something like that?
Because that's the only thing which has gone wrong. I don't understand either why it just went wrong randomly.
Greetings, Black Tiger

Black Tiger

Update.
Got a tip from Herman which fixed my problem (conversion to utf8).
Greetings, Black Tiger

Herman's Mixen

Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

Advertisement: