SM Login and IP Question

Started by tommynacc, March 05, 2014, 01:40:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommynacc

I have a small SMF site that is private. Like all things, there are members that can be somewhat cantankerous at times, and they might be letting others that don't belong on the site in, and I'm wondering if there is a possibility of know who is logging in from where and how many spots. I would like to think IP tracking could do it for me, but honestly, I don't have that time to check the IP address of every registered user, but, can I see who is logging in from where and how many times, as well as from what locale the IP is registered with?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

margarett

You can use this
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1320
To add the location to IP.

A "general overview" on who is logging in from where from all/several users at once doesn't exist, AFAIK.
Anyway, I think it might be something really complicated to display, assuming a forum has lots of users logging in from lots of IPs/Locations...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

tommynacc

I have 345 members registered to the site, but I'm noticing that I'm setting records daily for "Most Online Today" which is 1,196.  How is this possible?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

tommynacc

Seriously? How do I get rid of them?

Kindred

If they are not completing the registration process or spamming up your forum, then ignore them
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

tommynacc

Advertisement: