Admin like grouping

Started by DarkAngel612, March 09, 2014, 07:51:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkAngel612

If this is in the wrong slot please move it to right place.

In much earlier version of SMF we at one time, had the ability to create a clone of the Admin group. Then pick and choose what that person could do but still have most of the admin permissions, excluding going to the admin forumarea and admin backend.

It would be great to have this again to give a member (or more) the abilities and permissions that we as admin lavish with...lol but still restrict the rest of the permissions by unchecking them.

I was hoping that this could be accomplished, added to the next gen of SMF groups section.
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

TheKnown

this can still be done on 2.x in pretty much similar manner.

DarkAngel612

really, I sure could not get it to work.
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

Kindred

Nothing was removed from permissions in 2.0
Anything that you could do in 1.1.x can be done in 2.9.x plus more...

However, I don't know any way to give someone admin like permissions without giving them access to the admin area. If you did it, I suspect that you had some sort of mod.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: