Go to advanced editor option in quickreply

Started by Black Tiger, March 09, 2014, 10:56:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Tiger

When quickreply is used, and you rather go to the full reply option to make use of options like attachments and stuff, you have to copy and paste your already made text, otherwise it's gone.

We had a nice option in vBulletin, which prevented your already written text to get lost.
This option is "advanced" which brought you in the full reply option without loosing any text made.

In fact this is a nice and user friendly feature, I'm missing that in SMF.
Next to decent next/prev thread page navigation text next to the thread page numbers. ;)
Greetings, Black Tiger

shadow82x

Doesn't clicking "Preview" essentially do the same thing as "go to advanced editor"? ;)
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

Black Tiger

Yes it does, But why is it called preview then? It's misleading I never thought that it would be there, but it is....
LoL. SMF also has more hidden functions then I thought.:)

Oke, I was thinking the for a button to make it more clearly something like "preview/adv." But that can be easily made by myself too.

Hahaha... isn't there anything that SMF does yet not have? ;D

Oke... This can be moved again..
Greetings, Black Tiger

Suki

Its called a preview because thats its primary function, to show a preview of the message you just wrote in the quick reply area, incidentally, that preview gets displayed in the same page where the full page its displayed so it gets the bonus of also displaying the full reply with the advance editor. Two birds, one stone ;)

In 2.1 you can have the full editor in quick reply but the preview button is still there since its primary function is still showing you the preview.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Black Tiger

Ofcourse. I understand the main function of the preview button. I just did not expect to get a full editor there. But that's no problem.:)
Like I said. SMF has more then the eye can see. It's great!
I'm even starting to wonder why I did not just already converted last year. :D
Greetings, Black Tiger

PAPABEAR

Is there a mod that lets us just have the advanced buttons and such on the regular quick reply?

Suki

Check this one: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1299  haven't used it and seems a little outdated, duno if there are other mods.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Advertisement: