Upgrading smf from 1.1.19 to smf 2.07

Started by gigashiga, March 11, 2014, 09:47:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gigashiga

Hi all
I recently upgraded from 1.1.18 to 1.1.19

and now I am about to upgrade to version 2.07
I have taken all backups safe and secure as i have moved to different hosts.

I just wanted to recheck upgrading process from 1.1.x to 2x

we need to download large upgrading package ?
from here http://download.simplemachines.org/

and overwrite all folders/files?

I was actually about to upload full installation package but done a search before doing this and I got above information.
thanks in advance to all kind members in this forum.

margarett

That works but, since you will loose all MODs and themes, I usually recommend to delete everything *except*:
* attachments
* Settings.php
* Settings_bak.php
(eventually Smileys if you have custom ones)

And then load and run the large upgrade ;)

This will assure you have no "leftovers"
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

gigashiga

thanks once again.
Upgrading is in process 48% complete
processing step 4

margarett

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

gigashiga

zero error

but my forum gives error

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

margarett

That's a browser issue, I'm afraid
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/939058

You can, nevertheless, try with another browser. If it works (it should) you can disable compressed output at ACP --> Server Settings

gigashiga

700 + error in error log

3 different types

[12-Mar-2014 05:50:34 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626/timezonedb.so' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626/timezonedb.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

[12-Mar-2014 05:51:50 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  require_once(/home/xxxxdomainxxx/public_html/Sources/QueryString.php) [<a href='function.require-once'>function.require-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxxdomainxxx/public_html/index.php on line 56
[12-Mar-2014 05:51:50 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error:  require_once() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required '/home/xxxxdomainxxx/public_html/Sources/QueryString.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/xxxxdomainxxx/public_html/index.php on line 56
[12-Mar-2014 05:51:51 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626/timezonedb.so' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626/timezonedb.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
[12-Mar-2014 05:51:51 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error:  Function name must be a string in /home/xxxxdomainxxx/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line 133
[12-Mar-2014 05:51:52 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626/timezonedb.so' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626/timezonedb.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

[12-Mar-2014 05:55:29 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626/timezonedb.so' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626/timezonedb.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

gigashiga

site not functional in ie and google chrome
nothing appears

gigashiga

checked file permissions

index-a.html file is working ( temp testing file )

do I recopy all files once again incase ftp missed some file?

gigashiga

one more update executed repair settings
everything seems to be okay except
queryless url value not found

margarett

Where do you get this error "queryless url value not found"?

gigashiga

querryless url error is in repair settings

margarett

Ah yes. Don't worry about that, it's a non-essential setting a causes no problems in SMF's behavior ;)

gigashiga

still no solution?
what should I do now?

not able to access control panel also
static html files executes

but my site is nto fucntional in any browser

gigashiga

contacted my host

now I am getting this error
Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

thus now the problem seems to be something else.

gigashiga

okay again contacted host and
now getting this error

Database Error: Unknown column 'addDeny' in 'field list'
File: /home/xxxdomain-namexxx/public_html/Sources/Load.php
Line: 739

kat

Just a hunch...

Have a look at the first few lines of that file.

/**
* Simple Machines Forum (SMF)
* @package SMF
* @author Simple Machines http://www.simplemachines.org
* @copyright 2011 Simple Machines
* @license http://www.simplemachines.org/about/smf/license.php BSD
* @version 2.0.7

Is the version showing as 2.0.7?

gigashiga

nope

/**********************************************************************************
* Load.php                                                                        *
***********************************************************************************
* SMF: Simple Machines Forum                                                      *
* Open-Source Project Inspired by Zef Hemel ([email protected])                    *
* =============================================================================== *
* Software Version:           SMF 1.1.15                                          *
* Software by:                Simple Machines (http://www.simplemachines.org)     *
* Copyright 2006-2009 by:     Simple Machines LLC (http://www.simplemachines.org) *
*           2001-2006 by:     Lewis Media (http://www.lewismedia.com)             *
* Support, News, Updates at:  http://www.simplemachines.org                       *
***********************************************************************************
* This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under   *
* the terms of the provided license as published by Simple Machines LLC.          *
*                                                                                 *
* This program is distributed in the hope that it is and will be useful, but      *
* WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES; without even any implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY    *
* or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.                                            *
*                                                                                 *
* See the "license.txt" file for details of the Simple Machines license.          *
* The latest version can always be found at http://www.simplemachines.org.        *

gigashiga

getting white blank page

with this msg now
Maintenance Mode
Okay faithful users...we're attempting to restore an older backup of the database...news will be posted once we're back!

i uploaded load.php file once again

but this version thing is strange to me since i had copied new folder altogether and renamed old folder
so old file should not be there

gigashiga

no login area for me

source folder on webserver has many extra files
starting with db_
which are not present in upload folder in my hdd

do i need to reinstall? if yes which version?

kat

I'm not sure where this "Old folder/New folder" thing's coming from...

When you upgraded, did you use the LARGE upgrade?

i.e. this:

http://download.simplemachines.org/index.php/smf_2-0-7_upgrade.zip

If you used the update, rather than the upgrade, you'd have files missing.

gigashiga

Thankyou very much once again,
Quote from: K@ on March 12, 2014, 10:42:18 AM
I'm not sure where this "Old folder/New folder" thing's coming from...
I renamed them manually and all folders were fresh install  so no files in these folders from previous version

Quote from: K@ on March 12, 2014, 10:42:18 AM
When you upgraded, did you use the LARGE upgrade?

i.e. this:

If you used the update, rather than the upgrade, you'd have files missing.
I used above download
http://download.simplemachines.org/index.php?thanks;filename=smf_2-0-7_upgrade.zip

and after ftp i used upgrade.php
it asked for admin username and password and everything went smooth

now it is showing
Maintenance Mode
Okay faithful users...we're attempting to restore an older backup of the database...news will be posted once we're back!

displayed on a white blank page without any login page / link/option

i can access cpanel .. what should I do next now

margarett

First, edit Settings.php and chance maintenance mode to 0.

gigashiga

settings set to =0 already
still getting this error.
in firefox and chrom

gigashiga

do i download again and recopy files from this link?

gigashiga

update/

i have recently moved changed host/

there my user name was like old_db_username
and on this server (new host ) i changed my username to new_db_user_name

my 1.1.18 and 1.1.19 were functioning properly

but after update
my new_db_user_name gets deleted and old_db_username is created automatically.
automatically... this has happened twice.

gigashiga

assuming problem is with the files I want to copy all files once again

need suggestion should i used fresh install files or large upgrade files
wont be executing upgrade or installation thing again
?

margarett

I'm sorry but you do many things at once that I can't follow what's wrong :P

PM me some cPanel and forum admin login details and I'll check that for you ;)

gigashiga

oh sorry missed sending cpanel details
please find cpanel details in your message box.

thanks once again for the help

margarett

I'm sorry, I forgot this. I cannot login with the details you sent me.
Do you still need help?

gigashiga

Yes sure i still need help
no progress yet
login details were working .
i am checking login details once again. and revert back.

edited
okay just checked in sent folder
password i sent was wrong
copied pasted correctly this time double checked.

Thanks once again for your efforts.

margarett

Your forum is now upgraded, it was an easy ride, you just had a complete mess in your files :P

Nevertheless, there seems there's something wrong with your users as everyone appears as "Guest"... But there are 12000 registers in "smf_members". Don't know, this might need further investigation.

If things are seriously messed up and, since you backed up everything before, it might be a smart move to return to your previous 1.1.19 forum. As far as I see, you had a bunch of MODs installed. You should have prepared this with more calm and tests (a test install in your local PC or a duplicate in your server).

I left a full cPanel backup in your homedir before I started to do anything. Just in case :P

Good luck.

gigashiga

thanks very much forum is up and running
I have to reinstall mods

I have complete backup
there are many members registration most of them are spam members
i dont see guest posts now but lots of spam post  there were lot of guest posts appearing recently in 1.1.18/1.1.19 version also even though it was disabled.

I hope everything is fine will give it a try for few days

thanks a milion million ton for all your help.

gigashiga

Quote from: margarett on March 20, 2014, 06:28:22 PM
Your forum is now upgraded, it was an easy ride, you just had a complete mess in your files :P

Nevertheless, there seems there's something wrong with your users as everyone appears as "Guest"... But there are 12000 registers in "smf_members". Don't know, this might need further investigation.

If things are seriously messed up and, since you backed up everything before, it might be a smart move to return to your previous 1.1.19 forum. As far as I see, you had a bunch of MODs installed. You should have prepared this with more calm and tests (a test install in your local PC or a duplicate in your server).

I left a full cPanel backup in your homedir before I started to do anything. Just in case :P

Good luck.

Hello once again thanks now I know what you meant i have just discovered that i have lost most of my members and their posts are being displayed as guests.

thanks again for all your help and guidance.

discjocke

I'm somewhat of a novice doing these large update/upgrades. I tried IE and Firefox when trying to go from 1.1.9 to 2.07 and get this error: The package you tried to upload either is not a valid package or has become corrupted.

margarett

Don't hijack other people's topics, especially one that is marked solved already ;)
Anyway, the large upgrade isn't a MOD so you can't install it that way...
Upgrading SMF

Advertisement: