News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Best way to keep your forum listing when changing

Started by Black Tiger, March 12, 2014, 11:07:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Tiger

I had vbulletin running before. It was at my /public_html/board directory and search results in Google are pretty nice. Also due to a sitemap creator I had working.
However, I had a portal running, so for adsense and Google, my forum domain was pointing to the root directory (public_html).

Now I migrated to SMF and my forums are in /public_html/forum but Google was complaining about crawl errors ofcourse.

What can i do best now to keep my nice results?

Redirect to /forum? Or just have my simpleportal put up the stand alone version so I have a portal page again in my root folder, so I don't need to change my site url to /forum and keep things the way it is?

I'm now sure what's best, any clues on that?
Greetings, Black Tiger

Black Tiger

Since nobody seems to have a good advise on this SEO wise... I decided to keep it as it was, so with portal so a redirect was not needed.
Greetings, Black Tiger

Kindred

Sorry for not responding earlier..., but there is no good way to do it
Changing software and changing directories will cause google issues... On the other hand, if it was crawled, Google should soon recrawl and reindex.

You can add an smf site map to help
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Black Tiger

Yep I will do that sitemap anyway, had it before too... just fixing the last things with my forum. Thanks!
Greetings, Black Tiger

Advertisement: