News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF / Joomla wrapper - Email issue

Started by TnT666, March 16, 2014, 01:23:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TnT666

Hey, wasn't sure if this was the right area but it has to do with a side effect from integrating SMF with Joomla via Jfusion.
Everything works great as far as the site and forum go, but the problem is the emails for resetting a password, activation etc are wrong obviously.

I can't allow users to view the forum on its own as it only displays correctly inside the joomla wrapper, so I have .htaccess set up to redirect, but the parameters in the email will not pass through.

The forum is located at hxxp:www.wf.com.au/forum [nonactive]
Which is what is used for the url creation in the emails, but it is actually displayed at, and needs to use:
hxxp:www.wf.com.au/index.php/forums [nonactive]

(if the parameters are appended to the second url the functions still seem to work fine)

I considered the idea of changing the email generation code to use a different variable instead of $scripturl but I'd rather not have to change the Source files.
What would be a simple solution to this (the email problem, not changing anything else)?

Thanks in advance,
Darren

Kindred

You are going to have to change the source files, I think....   
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

TnT666

I was afraid of that, not that hard but maybe problematic for upgrades etc, and there seems to be a fair number of places where it is used for the email generation to change. Damn.

Thanks for the prompt reply, much appreciated.
If anyone else has any clever work arounds feel free to chime in :)

Advertisement: