Mod for alphabetical order

Started by HxC-Crow, March 18, 2014, 07:13:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HxC-Crow

Hello,

I've recently created a forum which needs the alphabetical order, as well as numerical order. Here is what I ask for:

Subject: [FREE] alphabetical order

Version

Description
Some categories of my forum need the alphabetical order, such as bands between A and E, F and H, and so on. Even when there's a modification within a single topic.

Permissions
Only the admin permission, and the possibility to block/freeze the order of the topics, and so giving (for example) the band "All That Remains" always before "Between The Lines", even if I make a modif in "All That Remains"

Feature Set
Only the admin-option

margarett

Are you taking about categories and the boards inside those, or the topics listing inside boards?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

kat

If you mean the topics, in a board, look at this page:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=79.0

At the top, you'll see "Subject / Started by".

Click on the word "Subject" and watch the magic happen... ;)

HxC-Crow

Hi K@!

You know what? I'm happy, as Droopy said.

Because you answered two of my questions in one gulp, if I can say. I think the English proverb is "to kill two birds with one stone". And thanks to you, I've found the problem, and I can continue the work. Thanks a lot!

Kindred

There is already a mod on the mod site which allows you to preset the form of thread display sort order per board...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

HxC-Crow

Erm...

In fact, I've got a second problem. I created yesterday a category, gave it a title, created a subcategory inside, gave it a tile, and created three topics inside.

I've tried some methods, even by adding a mod, but my problem remains the same. In fact, my three subjects are dated :

- yesterday 06.09 PM
- yesterday 06.12 PM
- yesterday 06.17 PM

The "normal" situation would ask that I see the first subject, dated 06.09 PM, at the top of my page. But no. It's the contrary.

I've tried the mod "CustomBoardSort", and even if it was already installed on the forum, it did not change anything. Or I'm doing something bad... but what?

margarett

Actually no. The most recently updated topic shows first. In fact, if it weren't like that, imagine a board with (eg) 1000 topics. The newest topic would be in the latest page of all. So, no one would see it :P
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

HxC-Crow

Hello!

I agree. Plainly normal, in the case of "normal" topics. But I forgot to mention that the topics I'm talking about are made "sticky", all of them, and the firsr one is also locked.

So, I thought that being sticky, they would not move and stay at the place I put them...

Illori

Kindred

Sticky posts just stay above normal posts... If you have multiple sticky posts they will still sort based on the latest responses....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

HxC-Crow

Thanks a lot for your help! I'll use your infos to make my site really good

Itchigotim

I'm interested in this too. I have 1 board I'd like to sort topics by alphabetical order.

This is because each topic contains 1 post with an attachment. (no reply). You can then search for what you need by title.
Roguepinball: ¡¡ɟooɹ ǝɥʇ uo ǝʇıs ןןɐquıd ʇsǝq ǝɥʇ

Kindred

as originally suggested above... ther eis a board-sort-order mod
Слaва
Украинi

Itchigotim

Thanks Kindred, I solved it a different way.
Roguepinball: ¡¡ɟooɹ ǝɥʇ uo ǝʇıs ןןɐquıd ʇsǝq ǝɥʇ

Advertisement: