News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Manage category by usergroup

Started by braindead81, March 19, 2014, 05:48:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

braindead81

Hello,
I would need this featuires and i think some more people too, but no way to apply it.
The idea is to assign one or more usegroups to manage a category.
The Admin create a new category and assign one usegroup to add bords into this category. Of course the usergroup has only access to this category and not others which are managed by others usegroups or admin.
This is available per bords but not per category and it would be really great!

Hop you will add it in next release :)

Braindead

margarett

I find this more plausible as a mod request. It's not something I would see as a core feature ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

braindead81

OK I understand. However is there a way to request a mod? Because I really don't how to do it!

Thanks,

Braindead

Irisado

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Kindred

However, even that is unlikely. Smf does not base any permissions on categories because categories are an organizations grouping only, not a real grouping like boards.   

Additionally, permissions to edit boards are global...  Not restricted to a per board.... 

Which means you are essentially asking someone to compete,y rewrite how smf permissions work.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Antes

We already have feature membergroup(s) become board moderator(s) but I don't see this as feature in next version.

Advertisement: