News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Long time to access log in screen

Started by iaccountant, March 21, 2014, 02:24:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iaccountant

The past two days, access to our log in screen has been quite slow (20 to 45 seconds...both logging in and logging out)

I am hosted on a shared server

I expect this is a function of traffic to other websites on the same server???

margarett

If you changed nothing in your forum, you need to check with your host what's going in behind the curtains...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

iaccountant

Thanks Margaret

I think that's the answer. It is sporadic...right now it's all hunky dory, but for a while today it was slow as molasses.

Perhaps we pissed someone off who knows how to bombard our log in screen so that it is always busy...dunno.

If it persists, I think I will have to contact my host as you suggest

Thanks

margarett

They can also help you identify too much attempts by some IPs in order to understand where that comes from (assuming it's not a server issue)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Illori

who is your host? maybe your host has too many users on your server and they are causing your problem.

iaccountant

All is fine again...the sporadic nature makes me think that either a shared site was consuming a lot of bandwidth, or someone was engaging in some kind of activity that was taking away the ability of our members to log in.

We regularly deny entry to those wanting to gain access, so it could be we have upset some folks.

So let's wait and see. seems like under "normal conditions" all is fine...so if it persists I will talk to our host and see what is happening...thanks

Advertisement: