News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Set PM default display mode

Started by Black Tiger, March 21, 2014, 08:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Tiger

It's asked already a lot of times on the forums and people say it can't be done (LoL).

Set the way pm's are displayed by default to xxxxx..
where the xxxx is an option you as admin want to have it by default like "one at a time" (asked several times).
I know users can change it afterwards, that's no problem, but the admin should be able to choose the default.

In some thread I read this:
QuoteAdmin - Configuration - Themes and Layout Settings - Member Options
The theme you are using:
Change current options for all members using this theme
Make your changes, then save.
Then, you can click the following, and set defaults:
Configure guest and new user options for this theme
But the option to set the "one at a time" by default is not present in there. So we can't change it for current users either at the moment.

Next to this I would like to know how to change this to another default at the moment. Please don't try to tell me it's not possible (as I read several times on the forum when searching for this), because there is a default option set at this moment, somewhere in the database or in php files, so it must be adjustable some way or the other.

P.s. I'm running 2.0.6.
Greetings, Black Tiger

margarett

There's a mod from Arantor for that ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Black Tiger

Thank you.
However I believe that there should not be a mod needed for this. So that's why I would like too keep the feature request for a future version.
Greetings, Black Tiger

Black Tiger

Oh wow, Arantor has hundreds of mods. Do you know the name or part of the name so I can find it?
Because I can only find "View Single PM" which is outdated (version 1.x) and is not from Arantor.
Greetings, Black Tiger

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Black Tiger

Only 18? Oh I search in the mod section for Arantor and got 22 pages of mods. But indeed not onlyl those from Arantor were displayed. Bug in search system? I'll make a new thread on that.

Thanks you for point it out, I found it now and will install it! Thanks!
Greetings, Black Tiger

Kindred

Actually, I think that all configuration for this is actually removed in 2.1
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

Quote from: Kindred on March 21, 2014, 10:24:29 PM
Actually, I think that all configuration for this is actually removed in 2.1

nope it has not been removed in 2.1.

Black Tiger

I don't mind as long as it can be set by an admins choice in 2.1. :)
Greetings, Black Tiger

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Black Tiger

Well... in that case I'm sure somebody will mod it again in 2.1. :)
Greetings, Black Tiger

Advertisement: