News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Problem with SMF Install.

Started by MikeEnIke, October 05, 2005, 06:57:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeEnIke

Alright. Well I completely messed my forum up when I tried to upgrade to RC 1. Later I remembered I have to instances of SMF on my server in order to run (long story) so now I am trying to fix it. I completely took out both SMF packs. At first I couldn't load install.php but I just set it up manually with settings.php but now I get an error that says it can't load the 'Error' template. Well error is in sources so I don't know what to do. Anyon ehave a clue. For the error go to hxxp:compsuite.com [nonactive]

xenovanis

I suggest you try to upload all files from the upgradepackage again and run upgrade.php.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Oldiesmann

It's giving you an error of some sort but can't find the template to display this error. Why couldn't you load install.php?
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Motorhead

To save starting a new topic I'll ask here

I've upgraded from 1.05 to 1.1rc1 and the forum works but I have a couple of niggles

1. Spellcheckers stopped working

2. In the whose online when you click to say what they are looking at the columns don't line up..

Now I run a VPS and have two domains on there, before I upgraded I copied my forum onto my 2nd domain for testing purposes, everything works perfect on the test forum which is why  was happy to upgrade on the main site..both are running 1.1rc1

To fix the main site would copying the files from the "bug" free test site over to the main site work if I then ran the repair script ??

What folders will be different between to the two, I'm thinking avatars and attachments anything else

My other option was to copy the database from the main site to the test site, what else would need to be copied to maintain all posts / images etc

Once the test site was upto date I could switch the dns settings so that was my main site !!!

Or would it be better to upload all the upgrade files again to the site with the bugs and run upgrade again will this work ??

redone

I guess you could upload the working version and then run repair_paths to fix that whole path issue and repair settings would fix anything else.

~redone

Advertisement: