One Post to See Other Boards

Started by Paffman, March 25, 2014, 06:28:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paffman

Hi,

I'm very sorry if this question has been asked before, I know it must have been, but I have searched and found bits, but nothing complete. I am new to SMF and am using v2.0.7

I want to restrict my new members to one board after joining - Introduce Yourself. Then after they post in this board (one post) then they can see all the rest of the boards. I have looked into board permissions and membergroups, but can't figure it out. My forum is new and I only have about 10 members at present. They are all listed as Newbies on their profiles, but when I look in the General Permission I see I have 9 regular members and 10 newbies  :-[

I am confused, can someone walk me through how to do this please. In steps a newbie can understand  :)

Regards,
Steve

Branko.

Manage Boards and Categories>Modify Boards
for example:
General Disccusion>modify>Allowed Groups and untick Guests, Regular Members and Newbies. Repeat for all desired  (boards and child boards)
Note: In this case only one board is visible on the index page for guests and newbies. Maybe this View/Enter Board Permissions is good solution?
Strong people don't put others down, they lift them up.
A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.

Paffman

Thanks Branko,

That has hidden the boards all bar the 'Introduce Yourself' board. The only thing is that a newbie can still access boards from the Info Center links and also view profiles. How can I shut these down for newbies?

Steve

Advertisement: